Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a LED strip

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
2858 Views, 7 Replies

Creating a LED strip

Hi to all,

I am a student and a fusion 360 enthusiast and I have been doing some 3D models for some time now. Recently, I had to do an LED strip for my class but when I finish my work the strip looks sloppy and unrealistic.

I am going to attach picture of what exactly am I looking for. 

If anybody has any suggestions on how to make my work flow easier and some tips on how to create that LED strip, that would be amazing and I would really appreciate it.

Kind regards

Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
TrippyLighting
in reply to: Anonymous

A screenshot of the LED strip you modeled would be helpful and perhaps attach the model you created (export as .f3d)

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: TrippyLighting

Hi,

Thanks for the fast reply!

I have attached my poor attempt for a Led strip .I managed to get a nice flowing flat-ish shape for the actual strip, but when it come s to putting the LED's on it , using a Pattern, they are not't placed in a natural way and it looks sloppy. I have tried pretty much everything I can think of but I just can't manage to get the small LED ( the rectangles) to be placed on the strip with a flow, like the ones on the  screenshot I've posted in my fist post. 

Kind regards

Message 4 of 8
PhilProcarioJr

@Anonymous

See if this helps you.

keep in mind this file and video is just to show you a concept I did not use components. You should definitely use components properly if your going to do this.

Phil Procario Jr.
Owner, Laser & CNC Creations

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: PhilProcarioJr

Thank you it is of great help !
Message 6 of 8
PhilProcarioJr

@Anonymous

I might add that you can make the pattern components as detailed as you want. With a good texture on the strap and some chip decals you could make your model very realistic.

Did this answer your question?

Untitled(1).png

Phil Procario Jr.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: PhilProcarioJr

That is all of extreme help thank you very much!
However, my trouble is also with how to make the strip have a twist, so both the LED side and the back side can be seen. I am aiming for something like the screenshot I posted at the beginning - a model on which both the back and front side can be seen. I am going to attach my file so you can se with the drawing what type of curve I am aiming at.

Message 8 of 8
PhilProcarioJr

@Anonymous

I don't know of any way to do that other then manually rotating the parts into place. Sorry.

Phil Procario Jr.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report