Community
Fusion Design, Validate & Document
Stuck on a workflow? Have a tricky question about a Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) feature? Share your project, tips and tricks, ask questions, and get advice from the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying a 3d object

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
431 Views, 4 Replies

Copying a 3d object

• I created a 3d object and have been trying to copy it so I have two of them. I then want to flip one over.
  • Either this is not very initiative or so simple it escapes me. I have been watching videos and reading for hours. I would draw it again but the two parts have to match exactly.
  • Are CAD programs intentionally designed to be hard to figure out? They are so primitive when compared to things like Photoshop, Premier or Motion. Why is there not just a “duplicate” button that is easy to find?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
michallach81
in reply to: Anonymous

By fliping you mean mirror, like that:

mirror.gif

Also for copying just pick your body (from browser would work best) click RMB and you'll see option "Copy", also you can just hit Ctrl+C, and Ctrl+V to paste.

Michał Lach
Designer
co-author
projektowanieproduktow.wordpress.com

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: michallach81

I trird the mirror command but I cant seem to get the created part to move. Is there any way to duplicate a 3d part and be able to control it or do you have to build two of them from scratch? Thak you for your great reply.

Message 4 of 5
michallach81
in reply to: Anonymous

There is a move command:MoveCopy.gif

If your body is a separate component you will be able to drag that component around:Drag.gif

Play with that on some simple boxes, to see what each of these tools means.

Michał Lach
Designer
co-author
projektowanieproduktow.wordpress.com

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: michallach81

Got it!!!!!

Thank you very much! Smiley Happy

I wish all of these programs would use the same wording

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report