Community
Fusion Manufacture
Talk shop with the Fusion (formerly Fusion 360) Manufacture Community. Share tool strategies, tips, get advice and solve problems together with the best minds in the industry.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4th Axis milling meshes.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
364 Views, 2 Replies

4th Axis milling meshes.

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone out there can point me in the right direction. I am looking to use my 4th axis rotary table attachment for my CNC router to mill meshes. Any info is much appreciated. Mostly milling 3D scans.

Best,

Josh 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
balsmen
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Just curious, are you looking for help in the CAM environment in Fusion, or help with getting your toolpaths from Fusion posted correctly?

Fusion currently only supports 4th-Axis indexing and wrap toolpaths. There is some good help documentation here, as well as a good tutorial video from @NYC_CNC here.

If you still have more questions after checking those out, please reach out and we'll see how we can help.

Thanks,

Noah

Noah Balsmeyer

Fusion Mfg Software Engineer
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: balsmen

Hi @balsmen,

I am attempting to continuous 4th axis mill on a CNC Router a 3D scan. I have watched the NYC CAM video and the mesh does not have a surface that fusion 360 recognizes. I can mill 3D meshes in 3 axis milling with the fusion 360 tools, I am looking for away to do the same thing but 360. Does/Can/Will F360 have this capability?

Thanks,

Josh 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report