Community
FormIt Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FormIt Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FormIt topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FormIt 360 has stopped working

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
Anonymous
3172 Views, 18 Replies

FormIt 360 has stopped working

Hi, I got a problem when running FormIt 360,

At the start, the program asked to sign in to A360, but when I clicked the tab to sign in, FormIt 360 has stopped working and the message is "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. After I do troubleshooting, the message is the program is incompatible. How to fix this?

Thanks.

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
josh.goldstein
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi okkisixx,

Can you confirm whether you're running a Dell machine? We have seen crashing due to a separate app called Dell Backup + Recovery, see this forum post.

Otherwise, can you confirm your machine and operating system?

Also, what version of FormIt 360 is installed? You can see this in Control Panel > Programs and Features > FormIt 360.

Thanks for reporting the crash, and apologies for the inconvenience.

Josh Goldstein
Product Lead
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: josh.goldstein

Thank you Mr. Goldstein,

My machine is ASUS N43S, and operating system is Windows 10. Could FormIt ran on Windows 10?

The version I installed should be the newest I think, 15.1.235.0

Thank you very much.

Message 4 of 19
josh.goldstein

Yes, FormIt is compatible with Windows 10.

I'll touch base via direct message to see if we can troubleshoot this further on your machine.

Josh Goldstein
Product Lead
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous

Hi, i am having the same problem. Except, i am using a Macbook Pro with Parallels Destop (Windows 10). 

Message 6 of 19
josh.goldstein

Hi akimakovach,

We don't officially support Parallels. It seems to cause issues with how FormIt communicates with the graphics chip, resulting in issues like this. Having said that, you might try looking into Parallels settings to see if you can fully enable the GPU for use in apps like FormIt, or try updating the graphics drivers on the Windows side.

Josh Goldstein
Product Lead
Message 7 of 19
Anonymous

Thanks!
Message 8 of 19
Anonymous

I am having the same troubles getting into Formit, Stops working when launching login dialoge. Like Anikins I am running Windows 7 using Parallels but on an iMac.

Anikins, did you manage to get Formit to run?

Screen Shot 2017-08-16 at 2.37.11 PM.png

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous

Unfortunately, I never got Formit to work in Parallels. I tried updating the graphics on the Windows, and played around with the setting in Paralles, but got nowhere. So I just ended up just uninstalling parallels, running Bootcamp on my macbook, and now it works great! 

Message 10 of 19
Anonymous

2017-09-07 03_58_15-Reply to Message - Autodesk Community.jpg

hi

i am having the same problem .i am using windows 8 in asus laptop.

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous

I have installed FormIt 2018 and have been getting the same message "FormIt has stopped working" on several of our machines. They are Dell Machines however Dell back-up is NOT installed. The operating system is Window 7 both FormIt and Windows are current with the latest updates. I have noticed in the lower left corner it says Unregistered Signing-In. I have tried to log-in to Autodesk 360 prior to starting FormIt but still get the same message. I have attached a screen shot of the message.

Thank you,

Randy

Message 12 of 19
josh.goldstein

Hi Randy,

Sorry to hear FormIt is crashing for you.

Are all of the machines you reference configured with the same hardware? What kind of graphics card is on these machines?

You should try updating the graphics card drivers, for both the integrated and discrete cards, if applicable.

Are you on the latest version of FormIt for Windows? It should report v16.1 in the Info > About Formit menu. If you're on an older version, you'll want to get the latest version from our website: https://formit.autodesk.com/page/download

When the login window shows up as you describe, FormIt is reaching out to the graphics card to initialize the 3D canvas. Graphics card incompatibilities or old drivers can unfortunately cause a crash at that point as you're seeing.

I'll also reach out to you via DM to help you get a crash dump from this so we can take a closer look, if updating the graphics drivers doesn't help.

Regards,

Josh Goldstein
Product Lead
Message 13 of 19
Anonymous

Josh,

Thank you, it was the graphics card driver. Dell Command/Update did not catch the latest driver, went to ATI and downloaded the latest and greatest. Loads fine now.

Thanks,

Randy

Message 14 of 19

Having an issue opening / launching FormIt. I was reading where the version should be v16, and its located in the Info>About FormIt menu

Where is that located? When I click o properties or the file version for the FormIt for Windows I just downloaded today 2/22/18 at 5:45PM EST. the version was 12.0.77.3 (am I looking at wrong location). See screenshot

Thanks

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
in reply to: brianwclayton1969

If you downloaded it on Feb 2, then you have the latest version. You cannot actually SEE that until you install it, run it and look in Info > About FormIt. Where are you having trouble? Installing FormIt or running it? Please provide more detail on exactly what is happening. Thank you!

Message 16 of 19
brianwclayton1969

I'm having trouble running or launching the software. It has been installed I have the shortcut on my desktop. And I have downloaded the latest Nvidia Driver as of yesterday and I have the latest version of FormIt installed as of Fed.2, 2018. I have these warnings or error messages when trying to launch software see images.

Thanks

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous

I have also found that a program that we used called UltraMon has been causing issues with some AutoDesk products. With the release of 2019 upgrades for multiple monitors we do not need this program any more so we uninstall.

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous

Hi,

I'm also having a problem with Formit, where when I click on Sign in to A360, it immediately crashes. See below image. Let me know if you have a solution for this.

PC:

Dell XPS

Windows 8.1 64bits.

Formit Version: Downloaded on: 7.27.18.

Graphics Card: Nvidia Quadro K2200 with latest drivers.

Thank you,

Capture.JPG

Message 19 of 19
josh.goldstein

Hi Gabriel,

Have you checked that FormIt is set to use the high-performance NVIDIA card? If not:

- Open Control Panel

- Open NVIDIA Control Panel

- In the "Manage 3D Settings", go to "Program Settings", and either find FormIt or add it manually by pointing to the installed .exe (C:\Program Files\Autodesk\FormIt), and set it to use the high-performance NVIDIA card.

20180727 nvidia control panel.PNG

Let us know if this helps. Otherwise I can reach out directly and give you instructions to get a crash dump which could tell us more about the crash.

Thanks,

Josh Goldstein
Product Lead

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report