Community
Forma Forum
Welcome to the Forma Community. Give feedback, report bugs, and tell us your ideas about Autodesk Forma
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Forma repeat the "Line is too small" problem from Revit?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
SteveDFThorne
459 Views, 4 Replies

Will Forma repeat the "Line is too small" problem from Revit?

Revit has limits on how small it can draw a line and this will never be fixed. Forma is a brand new software, and given the below image roadmap, should be thinking about this problem now before years of tools and extensions are built upon this. Will Forma be plagued with the same limits as Revit? 

SteveDFThorne_0-1707482809998.png

This is the limitation I am referring too: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/allow-us-to-draw-small-detail-and-model-lines/idi-p/67952... 

Thanks, 

Labels (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi! Thanks for the feedback! We will definitely have this in mind as we go forward.

We do not have any system wide limitations on how long line segments can be, however specific tools can themselves define which constraints they work under. We will keep in mind that some use cases requires small dimensions when developing new domain functionality!

Kind regards
Martin Hallén

Martin Hallén
Software Engineer
Message 3 of 5

That's excellent news! Thanks for the update

Message 4 of 5
rmc9WR3X
in reply to: MartinHallenADSK

Please sit over some drafters' shoulders for weeks at a time and watch what annoys them and what is really broken about Revit but was never described in a support ticket or was just too expensive to justify a rebuild. There are some infuriating patterns in Revit that feel like they should have been corrected a decade ago, so it is charitably assumed that they are caused by deeply embedded legacy structures. Autodesk makes enough from subscriptions to have cloned the software from the ground up repeatedly and correct these long-outdated issues, if only to save its userbase innumerable hours of gridlock. It is no excuse even if they are due to ancient architecture. Autodesk is wasting everyone else's money and time instead of spending some of its own. Forma should be near perfect considering Revit has felt like a never-ending beta test.
Message 5 of 5
MartinHallenADSK
in reply to: rmc9WR3X

Hi, I'm sorry to hear about your impression!

I can reassure you that Forma is built from the ground up, and the development is not tied to legacy systems. We are always interested in feedback and do our very best to create a product that solve your needs. Sometimes this entails hard prioritisation, but I can assure you we focus on real customer problems.

If you are interested, I'm happy to arrange a video session with you to get your feedback on how we can improve Forma. You can send me a message here on the Forum or in a direct message.

Kind regards
Martin Hallén

Martin Hallén
Software Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report