Community
Forma Forum
Welcome to the Forma Community. Give feedback, report bugs, and tell us your ideas about Autodesk Forma
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WASD Navigation / Walk

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Chris_D_UK
459 Views, 2 Replies

WASD Navigation / Walk

Conceptual design stage needs consideration of street level views, particularly in European cities. While we can currently orbit down to street level, we need the ability to walk and adjust view position, with a Walk feature that follows terrain. WASD type controls would be ideal for navigation.

Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
arne.bjelland
in reply to: Chris_D_UK

Hi!

Absolutely agree. We should have more options in how we can move and rotate the camera. You are able to "walk" around in your project by using the arrows up, down and sideways. I discovered that you need to first single-click on the screen to activate this functionality. If you press "shift" you will move fast.

I am not sure when we will add more camera functionality into the product but thank you for letting us know about the need. We have it on our todo list.

Regards.

Arne 

Message 3 of 3
Chris_D_UK
in reply to: Chris_D_UK

Thanks Arne, I've clicked 'Accept Solution' as the arrow keys do work as you say (i missed the single click on the screen). It would be great to have the 'gravity' feature to stay on the terrain though, and also map the WASD keys, especially the Q and E keys for view elevation.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report