Community
Forma Forum
Welcome to the Forma Community. Give feedback, report bugs, and tell us your ideas about Autodesk Forma
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting building metrics as target goals

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Omer_Barr
199 Views, 3 Replies

Setting building metrics as target goals

Hi, I'm curious whether there's a way of setting metrics as goals in order to explore different massing options while maintaining the desired square meters in each of the proposals. Currently this has to be done manually for each design proposal. This could be an excellent feature allowing to work within the allowed quantitive constraints of a project.

Labels (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
espen.k.w.wold
in reply to: Omer_Barr

Hi, and thanks for reaching out!

Could you explain a bit more what you want to achieve here? Do you want to input some goals once, and then get feedback as you design on how close you are to the goals? Or are you envisioning some kind of active help in reaching the goals?

Regards,
Espen

Message 3 of 4
omerbarr
in reply to: espen.k.w.wold

Hi,

I guess I see this as maybe something similar to using site constraints - some visual feedback which shows you when you have exceeded the allowed building area on the site. This way it would be possible to explore different typologies but with each one see that you are working within the permited zoning guidelines. 

Best Regards,

Omer

Message 4 of 4
espen.k.w.wold
in reply to: Omer_Barr

That makes sense, thanks for explaining!

We don't have any plans to implement this right now, but I will note it as a quality of life improvement with high potential and we'll weigh it against our other priorities.

Have a good day!
Espen

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report