Community
Forma Forum
Welcome to the Forma Community. Give feedback, report bugs, and tell us your ideas about Autodesk Forma
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum noise levels

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
kirderf_nossungam
217 Views, 2 Replies

Maximum noise levels

Am I correct that there is no way to calculate the maximum noise levels in Forma? According to Swedish legislation this is of relevance when doing your analysis, but I am unsure if CNOSSOS-EU  even provide a methodology for this. 

Has anyone else stumbled across this problem and found a solution?

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi, and thanks for reaching out!

Could you explain a bit more in detail what you mean by 'maximum noise levels'?

We have been contemplating a feature to summarise the noise from road and rail by choosing the 'perception-adjusted decibel value' that is highest in each point on ground/facades, but have not been able to prioritise it yet. We are currently debating where this will land in our priorities going forward.

To be clear, what this feature would do is to make an adjustment to the decibel value to account for the fact that the noise from each source has different characteristics (like frequency) which make humans perceive them differently. Hence if the sound is more uncomfortable, the perception-adjusted decibel values would be higher than the real physical decibel values. These kind of perception-adjusted decibel scales are commonly used in defining regulation requirements.

Let me know if what you were looking for is something different from this.

Hope this helps!
Espen

Message 3 of 3

@kirderf_nossungam Did you get the answers you needed? 
Marthe

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report