Community
Forma Forum
Welcome to the Forma Community. Give feedback, report bugs, and tell us your ideas about Autodesk Forma
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading proposal to Revit crashes

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
daniel.gheorghe5GJK4
562 Views, 13 Replies

Loading proposal to Revit crashes

HI!

I am having troubles trying to load a proposal to my Revit model.

I crashes whatever I would, or whatever combinations of options I would use.

Screenshot 2023-08-17 142123.png

I tried repairing the Revit addin. Didn't help.

I tried multiple projects or Revit templates.

Labels (3)
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Has anyone responded to you? I'm now getting this every time I try to load a proposal in Revit. 

Message 3 of 14

I posted this in a separate thread
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/forma-forum/exporting-buildings-from-forma-into-revit/m-p/12086130
but since this title is more fitting and directly relates, I am moving this over here.
Brief summary:
Two laptops, WorkLaptop and Personal
Export>Revit Beta Works on Personal, does NOT work on WorkLaptop
Same project, same import settings
Best guess is that this is a conflict with other installed Adsk program (either Revit 2023.1.2 update or 2024.1)
Details are in the files attached
I have not submitted a support ticket on this yet, but might this afternoon, getting annoying.
thanks

Message 4 of 14
jay.polding
in reply to: ddriver

I have submitted a ticket. I'll let you know the results.

Message 5 of 14
ddriver
in reply to: jay.polding

Good to know,

Thank you

You might give this thread link to that ticket, if you have not already.

The application lists may be useful to them

Thanks!

Message 6 of 14

just adding from the help file in round trip revit /forma: https://help.autodeskforma.com/en/articles/6984724-revit-interoperability

The FormIt Converter for Revit addin that is delivered in Revit needs to still be available to convert 3dSketch elements into Revit geometry

for me, this is probably the issue on my worklaptop. 
Lots of errors when trying to apply July Revit patches that lead to uninstalling ALL formit360converters.
Will eventually try reinstalling now that those patches are complete

Message 7 of 14
jay.polding

After working with tech support it seems that there may have been a change in the Windows permissions on my laptop...or I need to do a complete reinstall of Revit...or maybe that the plugin is still in Beta. All I know is that it worked one day and stopped another (during a live demo). Maybe it's their choice of folder they use to cache the proposal? I'll let you know if this gets resolved.

Message 8 of 14

bumping this thread, 
The FormIt Converter for Revit addin that is delivered in Revit needs to still be available to convert 3dSketch elements into Revit geometry
I had to remove ALL Revit FormIT360 converters
in going back to reinstall, without reinstalling revit from scratch....
Download | Autodesk FormIt

has revit plugins for 2021 and prior only
any guesses if I can find this as separate install outside of Revit?
trying install of formit for windows to see if that will add a coverter

Message 9 of 14

OK
I had a chance to do uninstall and reinstall of Revit 2023 hoping that it would do whatever was necessary to fix my Forma loading
No such luck. 
I will put in a tech support ticket since this is REALLY annoying as I really want to start using Forma and promote it's use with my teams.

Message 10 of 14

Any luck with the forma Revit interoperability function?

Message 11 of 14
ddriver
in reply to: joshua9A7XT

i have support ticket in with reseller.

Will post results here

Message 12 of 14
ddriver
in reply to: ddriver

Reseller defered to Autodesk (not surprising since this is 'beta' product)
End result as suspected 
formit360converter required as noted in Revit interoperability | Autodesk Forma help center)

A clean uninstall and reinstall of Revit was required to simple add back in the Formit360Converter since Adsk does not have a single install for this module since 2021.

Message 13 of 14
jay.polding

Update: I did a 'clean uninstall' of Revit, removed all addins and applied the latest patch and reinstalled the Forma plugin. It now works. Looking forward to this coming out of Beta....

Message 14 of 14
ddriver

Given the hype Adsk is throwing at it, I would say "so looking forward to this entire program coming out of beta"
However I don't think that is will ever happen. I set up my first Forma project when it appeared in my programs list last May. The improvements every month have been awe inspiring. since I really have only rolled it out to a few select teams, I am really only in it 1x /month or so. Each time I open it up, feels like new functionality has been added. Go Agile Teams!
That said yea, Great job on the Rhino interface/workings, but get the core adsk apps out of beta. pretty please.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators