Community
Forma Forum
Welcome to the Forma Community. Give feedback, report bugs, and tell us your ideas about Autodesk Forma
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting Buildings from Forma into Revit

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Sylvia.Anggraeni
1149 Views, 8 Replies

Exporting Buildings from Forma into Revit

Hi everyone, so I was testing Forma today and was wondering if I can export the existing surrounding buildings and the terrain that I got from the Open Street Map and EU-DEM to Revit 2023. I got the notification that due to licensing and attributions those data are excluded. So is it impossible to export them to Revit? 

SylviaAnggraeni_0-1688732455303.png

Labels (5)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
kronz
in reply to: Sylvia.Anggraeni

Hi, thanks for trying out the interoperability and export tools. I'll need to check on the EU-Dem data, but Open Street Maps should definitely export and also work with send to Revit. Are you not seeing the OSM geometry coming through?

Message 3 of 9

Hi,

it's the same for the buildings from the Federal Agency for Cartography and Geodesy in Germany.

Would be great, if this could be solved. 

Open Street Map works for me.

Message 4 of 9
ddriver

1) Use chrome....?
interestingly on my office computer, when exporting from Edge, it did not work, but there were no 
On my home computer when I tried firefox, there was an immediate pop-up that says something to the effect of "chrome" is the only supported browser at this time... Probably just a setting in the office Edge to not allow pop-ups, but nonetheless... I really get tired of explaining to people why I have to have three browsers installed on my computer.
2) using Revit  23.1.10.4 and the Forma plugin downloaded this morning:
used the beta export and successfully loaded that export.
after load and before finalization, the script threw and error:

Licensing restrictions
X
One or more elements were not loaded from Forma due to export restrictions or attribution requirements from their data providers that can not currently be satisfied.
This project contains open data requiring attribution.
Open City Model is made available^
License
Close
Add-in version 0.8.5+cde6bc5e

it loaded anyway which is nice

Message 5 of 9
ddriver

Update on this
I tried yesterday on my work laptop. , just does not work with chrome or edge or any of the "options" on export
I will say that I did strip out a lot of "formit360converter" installs and bad registry elements, recently to fix some update errors. (just saying this is really not a trouble free machine).
Probably a build/update issue, but do not have the time to pursue which is too bad since I was going to do a demonstration to the office next week. Cannot promote something that does not work on my machine...(heavy sigh)

Message 6 of 9

Hey,

Federal Agency for Cartography and Geodesy in Germany owns the  right to this data and restricts us from exporting  this data to different applications. 

OSM/ Open city model data should be exportable. Please let me know if you have any issues. 

Best,

Samarvir singh
Product Manager, Autodesk Forma

Message 7 of 9
ddriver

Well, this really probably solves this for most people, but still does not really solve why the same model exported (same revit Load settings) on my home computer works fine, but my office computer not so much.
Samavir reached out to me, but we are in such different time zones, difficult to hook up.
I have had a bit of time on my off friday to do a bit more research. Results are in the files attached.
Initial suspects are the Revit 2023.1.2 and Revit 2024.1 installed on my work laptop, not present on my home laptop.

Message 8 of 9
ddriver
in reply to: ddriver

Moving this over to this thread

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/forma-forum/loading-proposal-to-revit-crashes/td-p/12177283

since its title is direct and this one is only tangentially related

Message 9 of 9

Hi everyone! Tested Forma today and hit a snag trying to export Open Street Map and EU-DEM data to Revit 2023 due to licensing issues. Any workarounds? Also, any experiences integrating Springs Street online services https://springsstreet.com/ for home essentials with Revit? Appreciate your insights!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators