Community
Forma Developer Forum
Welcome to Autodesk Forma Developer Forum. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Forma API topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background graphic shadow or "shadow study extension"

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
fk5QWA8
519 Views, 4 Replies

Background graphic shadow or "shadow study extension"

Hi,

Wondering if there are any plans to update the background graphics when using shadow or "shadow study extension". I see seen that the shadow becomes less visible, especially when the images often have to be scaled down and used in a report. The ideal would be to have a separate display option where the graphics are adapted to sun and shade, and that only volumes and shade should be prominent, not all other layers.

KR
Fidan

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
hakon.matland
in reply to: fk5QWA8

Hi fk5QWA8!

No plans to my knowledge, but thank you for the post!

I guess the most important part would be to achieve better contrast against the map layer?

And I also wanted to share that the shadow study extension is an open source extension that lives at this Github repository!  

That means that whoever wants can make their own alternative extension, or give contributions to the existing one.

Håkon Matland
Principal Software Engineer
Message 3 of 5
fk5QWA8
in reply to: hakon.matland

Hi Håkon and thanks for the reply.

Regardless of the shadow study extension, we experience in general a strong need to have better background graphics and more display options in Forma then we have today. Would be great with something similar to the Rhino Arctic Display mode or other display modes that ensures better visibility in shadow studies.

/Fidan

Message 4 of 5
fk5QWA8

Hi. Is this something that someone at the Forma Team could take a closer look at? 

Kind regards
Fidan Krasniqi

Message 5 of 5
hakon.matland

Hi again @fk5QWA8!

I've noted the general need for better/adjustable graphics and display options in the feedback tracker of the relevant team.

For the shadow study extension specifically, I just published the ability to adjust "terrain" and "geometry" colors to ease contrast against the shadows. Hope it alleviates some of your pain points in generating shadow study images.

Checking the two checkboxes will turn things white, and the small field besides the checkbox can be clicked to adjust to other colors than white.

Håkon Matland
Principal Software Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report