Forma Community Knowledge Center
Share and learn how-to tips, workflows, and general knowledge articles about sustainability

Forma Monthly Product Update - February

We'd like to tell you all about 16 updates that we've added to Forma since last monthly update and say a little about where we're headed next.

Available now:

... and more!

What's coming next:

• Extensions
    • ArcGIS ESRI integration with Forma.

• Outdoor area by Symetri: Closed beta version released. Interested users can ask for access here
    • Revit workflow: let user switch proposals and initiate Forma project creation from within Revit, first gestures towards Docs integration

• Analysis improvements

Wind: Allow users to upload their own wind rose data for the wind analysis and show wind directions with a wind direction arrow.

Rapid analyses: We are starting work on lifting our machine learning models with a new training pipeline to improve our surrogate model analyses; rapid wind and rapid noise. 

Embodied Carbon: We expect to launch embodied carbon open beta in the next few weeks
  • 3D Integration, Floor Plans, Import Enrichment

• Finishing the deeper integration of 3D Sketch (first slice available with new Edit Constraint in 3D workflow)
    • Focusing on enriching imports via Floor Plan Sketcher support for 3D Sketch buildings, enabling more analyses and better representations for imported data.

... and more!
Scroll down for more details and don't forget to keep an eye on https://changes.autodeskforma.com/ for the latest information on new features.

Slide2.jpegSlide6.pngSlide7.pngSlide8.pngSlide9.pngSlide3.jpegSlide11.pngSlide12.pngSlide13.pngSlide14.pngSlide15.png

Comments

The planned improvements are amazing, especially the analysis improvements.

“Wind: Allow users to upload their own wind rose data for the wind analysis and show wind directions with a wind direction arrow.”

I am willing to use this feature, I really dont know how the wind rose feature will be, but uploading wind data in epw or stat format would be wonderful.

I have tried the feature the day it was released:) Thank you for letting me know.