Flame Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Flame Family (Flame, Flare, Flame Assist, Lustre) Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Flame topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flame Object clean-up using batch Paint

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1009 Views, 5 Replies

Flame Object clean-up using batch Paint

Hi everyone,

I was doing some cleanup work yesterday in Flame using Tools-Paint. I tracked my shot and was able to get the job done even though the process ended up being very time consuming.

Would there be another way achieving the same Clone and track clean-up using batch Paint instead?

Any help is much appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Grant.Kay
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi emirthecet,

It is possible to achieve this using Batch Paint and 2D Transform Tracking but the workflow will be different due to the way the tools are set up in Batch.

For example, you can add a paint node to your shot and set the mode to clone.   Remember to set the paint stroke duration to sequence.  You paint a few strokes on your image to clone out the area.

In order to track the strokes, you would use a 2D transform node to track the movement on the image.     You can access the tracking data through the animation channels... and this can be copied and pasted to the paint stroke position channels in the animation editor.  You may need to offset the position curves in vertically to realign the X & Y position of the stoke.   You can do this with the Translate Y math operation.

I am sure others can offer more hints but that is the gist of it.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

Regards

Grant

Grant Kay
Principal Learning Content Developer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Official Autodesk Flame Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/flamehowtos

The Official Autodesk Smoke Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/smokehowtos

Also available as podcasts on iTunes

Follow me on twitter @discreetuk for the latest training updates.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Grant.Kay

Thank you so much for the quick reply Grant!

Coming from your tutorials, I read the post in your voice.

Thanks for the help

emir

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Hi Grant

Sorry to bother you again after I have accepted your reply as a solution but I could not realign my stroke after copying the tracking data from the 2D Transform node.  In the animation curve menu, when I try to offset the X and Y positions in order to realign the stroke, I can only move one keyframe and the rest of the graph remains the same therefore altering the position of the stroke for only one frame.

I doubt that I should continue adjusting the rest of the frames by hand?

Many thanks

Message 5 of 6
Grant.Kay
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi emirthecet,

It is possible to offset the entire curve with all the keyframes at once.

Ensure you select the entire animation curve by clicking on the animation channel to the left of the curve.   For example, if you want to move position X, click X channel and it will select the entire curve.

Next, to the right of the animation editor, you will find the four tab menus.  Ensure you are looking at the KEYFRAME tab.   Ihe first row of objects, you will see the math operations pull down menu.  Normally the menu is set to REVERSE by default.   Click the pull down menu and change it to Translate Y.

When you adjust the slider next to the pull down menu, any value you enter in the text box will offset the selected curve with all its keyframes.

This is the most accurate way of doing it.

You could also select all the keyframes on the curve using CONTROL and dragging a box selection around the keyframes.  The keyframes will become highlighted and you can either drag them manually or use the Translate Y option I mentioned earlier in this message.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Grant

Grant Kay
Principal Learning Content Developer

The Official Autodesk Flame Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/flamehowtos

The Official Autodesk Smoke Learning Channel
http://www.youtube.com/smokehowtos

Also available as podcasts on iTunes

Follow me on twitter @discreetuk for the latest training updates.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

That did it.

Thank you so much.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report