Community
FBX Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s FBX Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular FBX topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot find static symbol

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
MattSlug
1443 Views, 2 Replies

Cannot find static symbol

Hello,

Just trying to use the SDK for the first time, and I want to use this line:

FbxAnimStack* currAnimStack = mFBXScene->GetSrcObject<FbxAnimStack>(0);

But including this line results in the following linker error:

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: static class fbxsdk::FbxClassId fbxsdk::FbxAnimStack::ClassId" (?ClassId@FbxAnimStack@fbxsdk@@2VFbxClassId@2@A)

How can this be resolved? I have the library linked and I am using many of the other SDK functions fine, I've got the mesh loading and exporting in my own format, I've got the skeletal structure loaded. But now that I want the animation data loaded, I can't get past the above block. That line makes all the difference to whether it looks for this particular static symbol or not.

Best wishes and thanks in advance,

Matt

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MattSlug
in reply to: MattSlug

OK, I resolved it. I wasn't aware that the library with the md suffix, libfbxsdk-md.lib, would be necessary. I wonder now, what MD stands for in this context?
Message 3 of 3
bojackson
in reply to: MattSlug

libfbxsdk-md.lib is a static library for Multi-threaded DLL runtime. Try using FBXSDK_SHARED. Be careful, likning statically to fix this SDK issue, means that you are redistributing FBX code, which you are not allowed without Autodesk approval...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report