cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pass a Parameter Value to a Different Parameter Name in a Connected Asset

Pass a Parameter Value to a Different Parameter Name in a Connected Asset

All,

Good morning!  I've run into a situation where I would like to pass a parameter value to a connected asset, but assign that value to a differently name parameter.  For example, I've got an asset that calculates a given value and I'd like to pass that value to the next asset in the chain.  However, the next asset is ALSO calculating that value, so normal parameter transferring won't work.  Therefore, I'd like to create a blank parameter that can be used as the container for the value I'd like to pass.

In the video below, I show the example more clearly, but I'd like to take the "zCalculated_Percentage" and pass it via a connector to an empty parameter "Passed_Percentage" in the next asset.  I can do it manually at the moment, through the iLogic form, but it results in rounding errors and would work best if I can pass along all digits for the percentage.  Please watch the video and let me know what you think.  Hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

6 Comments
liqinomickey
Autodesk
Status changed to: Gathering Support

Hi Pete, 

Interesting idea. Could you please share your asset to me. I think I might have a direction of realizing it using current functions. (with remainder). The percentage will definitely leave an indivisible. I would like to try my solution out.

Mickey

Mickey.Li@Autodesk.com

petestrycharske
Advisor

Mickey,

Good morning!  I couldn't see a way to attach a file to my comment here, so I've just e-mailed you the asset model directly.  Thanks for taking a look and I'm always eager to learn more.  If your idea works, then I'd like to post this onto the forums.  Hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

liqinomickey
Autodesk

Hi Pete,

I sent you an email last week on 6th, did you get the email?

Mickey

marcos.pellizzoni
Enthusiast

Hello Pete
I think I did have the same problem, so I did resolv it in the connectorclass.
The parameter "Altura" (in english Height) receive the parameter "Altura_Proximo" (Next Height).

<TranspAltura family_type="TranspCGarr" value_source="Parameter">Altura</TranspAltura>

<TranspAltura family_type="TranspCGarr" value_source="Parameter">Altura_Proximo</TranspAltura>

See the pictures

next value.JPGi logic calc.JPGresult.JPG

Marcos Pellizzoni

XuesongBai
Alumni

@marcos.pellizzoni I am not sure the connectorclass is working. That should a connector name mapped with the parameter. So the dedicated connectors are connected, they can exchange the value between the parameter you specified. The sample connectorclass code is just for your reference.

<TranspAltura family_type="TranspCGarr" connector_name="Connector1" value_source="Parameter">Altura</TranspAltura>

<TranspAltura family_type="TranspCGarr" connector_name="Connector2" value_source="Parameter">Altura_Proximo</TranspAltura>

marcos.pellizzoni
Enthusiast

Hi Xuesong

You're right. I copied the wrong snippet from the connectorclass file.

Thank you

Here's the correct one.

<TranspAltura family_type="TranspGarr" connector_name="ConectorTras" value_source="Parameter">Altura</TranspAltura>

<TranspAltura family_type="TranspGarr" connector_name="ConectorFrente" value_source="Parameter">Altura_Proximo</TranspAltura>

Marcos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report