Education Installation, Licensing & Administration Forum
Autodeskā€™s dedicated forum for Education Installation, Licensing & Administration. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular topics about installing Autodesk products in your educational institution, including Fusion 360 Teams.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

How to Renew Access for Education Licenses

580 REPLIES 580
SOLVED
Message 1 of 581
amanda.k
84904 Views, 580 Replies

How to Renew Access for Education Licenses

The time is coming up where many of you will need to renew your access to the Education licenses - so here's how to do it!

Your access to the Education plan will expire at the end of one-year. You can renew your access annually as long as you are eligible.

Thirty days before the expiration of your one-year Education plan access, you'll be sent an email reminder. You can also find your expiration date in the personalized banner notification when you sign in to your account on the Autodesk Education Community website.

If you do not renew your access, your free access will end when your Education plan expires. If you have files stored in Drive, you can continue to access them, but you will not be able to edit them or upload new files.

Note: Documents stored in Autodesk cloud service remain available for 30 days after your Education plan access expires. Be sure to retrieve any files stored in Autodesk cloud service before the end of this period.

To renew access:

1. Make sure you are still eligible for educational access by reviewing who is eligible.
  2. On the Autodesk Education Community website, sign in to your account.
  3. Click Renew Now in the personalized banner notification.
  4. Once you confirm your eligibility, your access will be automatically extended for another year. Any product subscriptions that you hold will also be automatically extended for another year.

To restart access:

If your access has already expired and you are still eligible, you can restart your educational access.

1. On the Autodesk Education Community website, sign in to your account.
  2. Click Restart Access in the personalized banner notification.
  3. Once you confirm your eligibility, your access will be automatically extended for another year.

Once you've renewed or restarted access, there's no need to download a new version of your installed software unless you want the latest version.

You can also see this information on this AKN Article

Amanda Pruyn
Senior Program Manager, Community
580 REPLIES 580
Message 21 of 581
kalos53
in reply to: gabe.anderson

It was 3ds max. He hit download and then cancelled download and then logged out and back in. That seems to have fixed it in the application. He's still getting warnings in the account page though weirdly.

Message 22 of 581
gabe.anderson
in reply to: kalos53

Hi @kalos53,

Great! Glad to hear your son's all set in 3ds Max.

If he continues to see errors on the account page, please feel free to share a screenshot here or in a direct message to me.

Gabe Anderson
Senior Product Manager, Education Subscription
Autodesk Education Experiences

Autodesk Education | Contact Autodesk Education Support
Message 23 of 581
Haad_Ali

@gabe.anderson its helps. I do the same. And, now its working fine and not showing any warning. Thanks !
Message 24 of 581

i wanted to reset my access since i missed the renewal after my 30 days and what I've done so far is that
i went on the Autodesk Education community website and it seems that there's no way to sign in on the website
i tried clicking the students tab and tried the access by getting products. i went on to sign in and it said that i am still eligible for another year but there's no reset/renew button on the website

acearnoldangeles_0-1633712696141.png 

acearnoldangeles_1-1633712777363.png

Message 25 of 581

i already tried the "get products" and "Download" but still not got reset when opening my autocad

i tried different browsers but still no sign in tab on the autodesk education community

i tried uninstalling and reinstalling autocad with new installer and still no renewal

i really need to renew this since i have a schoolwork coming up and im my time is running out šŸ˜ž
Message 26 of 581

Hi @ace.arnold.angeles,

Thanks for sharing the screenshots. The first screenshot shows that you are signed in and that your access is valid until August 25, 2022. From there, if you've clicked "Get product" -> "Download" on the AutoCAD card, then that will ensure your education entitlement is activated and ready to go.

What are you seeing in AutoCAD when you sign in? It sounds like you reinstalled, but please make sure you sign out and back in again. 

Does this help? 

Gabe Anderson

Message 27 of 581
Anonymous
in reply to: amanda.k

Hello, I have the same problem as two users above. I signed in using your method, and the banner says my license is valid through Oct. 17, 2022. However, when I open the AutoCAD and the Revit applications on my laptop, the blue countdown is still there. In the user management site it also says that one seat is expiring soon. I have received an email reminding me to renew access, however I see no banner that would allow me to do so. As far as I am aware, I am still elegible, while I'm still studying in the same university. How can I fix this issue?Zrzut ekranu 2021-10-18 081306.jpgZrzut ekranu 2021-10-18 081238.jpgZrzut ekranu 2021-10-18 080944.jpgZrzut ekranu 2021-10-18 081519.jpg

Message 28 of 581
Anonymous

Hi, I actually have AutoCAD 2017 using student license, and now I have renew my student license and also have the personalized banner saying that I have the educational access until 2022. But when I open again the AutoCAD 2017, it keeps popping up the window saying that my access to Autodesk for Education expires in 1 day. I wish to keep the AutoCAD 2017 version rather than installing the latest version. Kindly assist on what should I do?

Message 29 of 581
leowarren34
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous<,

It's likely that you had a license for 2017 under the old education licensing system rather than the new system. So you'll need a new license. However, Autodesk Education only supports the current version + 3 years meaning we have access to 2022 (current), 2021, 2020 and 2019. 2019 is the oldest release available.

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.
Message 30 of 581
Anonymous
in reply to: leowarren34

Hello, could you perhaps answer to my problem aswell? It was above the
question you just replied to. Thank you in advance.
Message 31 of 581
gabe.anderson

Hi @Anonymous,

Thanks for sharing the screenshots and sorry for the difficulty you're having.

Could you please direct message me your email address? I'd like to take a look at your account.

Regards,

Gabe 

Gabe Anderson

Message 32 of 581
Anonymous

Thank you for replying. I have resolved the issue with an Autodesk
consultant.
Message 33 of 581
sueyahiya

hi

how to get license file (*.lic) ?

thank you

Message 34 of 581
leowarren34
in reply to: sueyahiya

Hi @sueyahiya,

You need an education account with the IT Administrator role, which is selected when you sign up.

From there you can head to the education website where you can request a network license for the products you need.

Finally, you can generate a license file on the register once website.

https://www.autodesk.com/support/download-install/admins

Leo Warren
Autodesk Student Ambassador Diamond
Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.
Message 35 of 581
pperez

I'm trying to renew our school's licenses but cant find the option to do it.  When I log in to my account, it says that the licenses will expire on Nov 11.  When I click on the Manage Renewal link, it takes me to the Subscription and Contracts page but I don't see any option to renew.  Have a case open with support, but haven't heard back.  Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Pedro

Message 36 of 581
gabe.anderson
in reply to: pperez

Hi @pperez,

To renew your educational access, you can visit the Education Community Get Products page. You should see an option to renew your access (if you're close to expiration). 

Do you see that option? 

Gabe Anderson

Message 37 of 581
3dfrontelevation

very help full 

Message 38 of 581
Anonymous
in reply to: assist_cdtx

I'm having the very same problem, and I don't know what else to do, I logged in multiple times, and trie everything but I don't see where I did wrong.

Message 39 of 581
gabe.anderson

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please clarify the details of the issue you're having, including relevant screenshots? You may also direct message me your email address and I can take a look at your account.

Regards,

Gabe

Gabe Anderson

Message 40 of 581
pperez

No, I don't.  As soon as I log in, the tab for Class/Lab disappears.  Only have access to individual products, not the Lab ones.  If I log in to my account, in the dashboard it says to Manage Renewal, I click on it and I don't get the option to renew.  I have submitted multiple calls.  They have been escalated and been told that someone will contact me.  It's been 2 months now and the licenses expire in 8 days.  Please help. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums