Community
EAGLE Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s EAGLE Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular EAGLE topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some objects extend outside the allowed board area.

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1085 Views, 3 Replies

Some objects extend outside the allowed board area.

I received a board design from a coworker. The board is designed with the origin in the middle of the board. I'm using the standard version of Eagle, so I know I need everything to be in the positive quadrant. However when I group everything together and try to move the group to the positive quadrant Eagle displays "...objects extend outside..." error and will not move the group. Any idea on what I'm missing?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I discovered the board size exceeded the limitations of the standard license. I upgraded my license to Premium and I have no issue now.

It would be nice if Eagle displayed more detailed errors, clearly stating the real issue, instead of leaving the user to stumble around in the dark until they find a solution.

Message 3 of 4
mpursu

Hello everyone!  On page https://www.autodesk.com/products/fusion-360/personal there is mentionned that the "Fusion 360 for personal use" electronics and PCB design is limited to 80cm2 board area, which seems to be a very generous amount of space for the personal use. Then... how comes that I receive the "Some objects extend outside the allowed board area" error messages on boards that are far less extended than 80cm2?

Message 4 of 4
mpursu

Well... I might have slightly misunderstood the 80cm2 area limitation, which turns out to be a not-that-very-generous amount of space for the personal use. Thus, I will simply reduce the area of my PCB's or re-design them as modules that can be cascaded. Problem solved.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report