Community
EAGLE Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s EAGLE Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular EAGLE topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization required

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
268 Views, 3 Replies

Authorization required

I have successfully downloaded .lbr from Github.

Now Eagle won't let me use it - add to managed library - and requires authorization.

Can it be done before the *.lbr is added - copied from Ubuntu Download folder - to the lbr library. 

See attached file.

PS

lbr is no longer "used" - but it is still required as an intermediate step to download external lbr from common resources.

PPS

It sure would make things easier if one could paste here from "notepad" direct - most user friendly forums do that !

This one requires saving the screen shot in file that attach the file - hokey. Take a picture or video ? What happen to KISS?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
rachaelATWH4
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

I have successfully downloaded .lbr from Github.

Now Eagle won't let me use it - add to managed library - and requires authorization.

Can it be done before the *.lbr is added - copied from Ubuntu Download folder - to the lbr library. 

Looking at your attachment I can see that you are in offline mode. Have you tried making sure EAGLE is in online mode?

But, why are you trying to do this? If you just want to use the library you have downloaded there's no need to make it a managed library.

@Anonymous wrote:

PS

lbr is no longer "used" - but it is still required as an intermediate step to download external lbr from common resources.

Why do you think lbr files are no longer used? Even with managed libraries they are still used, they are just squirrelled away where you don't see them. But really, the only good reason to use managed libraries is for Fusion360 integration, the rest of the time they are a hinderance. I personally don't use managed libraries for my day to day work, when I want to export to Fusion, I take a copy of the design and then export the used library parts from the design into a separate single library then make this managed and finally replace the parts in the copy of the design and export it to Fusion360.

Best Regards,

Rachael

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: rachaelATWH4

See my other post.
I have found ONCE that to use existing component as template you can "Copy to library"Than you  can edit the component  add use it. That no longer works since Managed libraries came to be. I can still selct the component and right click on it and I get pop-up with all options include "Copy to library" grayed, hence unusable. In my view the lbr and managed libraries are no longer working right. I build a new component and it can be used , BUT I cannot change footprint nor symbol in "library manager". My component has two diferent footprints (feedthru and SMT ) but when I ADD it I have no option to select which one - just getting the one I do not want. From what I have seen - when 8.4.1 added Managed library something is wrong - why else in  Control panel the Managed libraries have green  symbol attached and when you use it in schematci there is no green button.
To prove my guess I have been looking for 8.4.0 version
Message 4 of 4
rachaelATWH4
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

I have found ONCE that to use existing component as template you can "Copy to library"Than you  can edit the component  add use it. That no longer works since Managed libraries came to be. I can still selct the component and right click on it and I get pop-up with all options include "Copy to library" grayed, hence unusable. In my view the lbr and managed libraries are no longer working right. 

This is incorrect. Libraries still work the same as they did before managed libraries came about. You just haven't got things set up right and are complicating matters by trying to use managed libraries too. Ignore managed libraries and everything works as it should, as it did previously. I use EAGLE all the time and everything absolutely DOES work with regular libraries just as it should.

@Anonymous wrote:

I build a new component and it can be used , BUT I cannot change footprint nor symbol in "library manager". My component has two diferent footprints (feedthru and SMT ) but when I ADD it I have no option to select which one - just getting the one I do not want. From what I have seen - when 8.4.1 added Managed library something is wrong - why else in  Control panel the Managed libraries have green  symbol attached and when you use it in schematci there is no green button.
To prove my guess I have been looking for 8.4.0 version

First thing, Managed Libraries were NOT added in 8.4.1. Managed libraries were added in 8.0.0. 8.4.1, 8.4.2 and 8.4.3 are just bug fix releases fixing issues found in 8.4.0. The main change in 8.4.0 wes adding NGSPICE integration and there were some other useful things like flip board view.

If your library is in the library path and is visible in control panel and set as in use, and when you open your library in the library editor, both your packages are correctly mapped to the pins (i.e. they both have a green tick after them) then you should have the both available for adding. You could post up your library here so we can take a look at it and make sure it's all set up correctly. FYI, the forum won't accept .lbr files directly so you need to zip them and add the zip file instead.

Best Regards,

Rachael

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report