Did you mean: 

What am I doing wrong

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
nbawden
386 Views, 4 Replies

What am I doing wrong

In the attached drawing I am trying to setup a simple dynamic block that has rotation, flipping & 2 x stretching

The problem is that the stretch on the green line is not working. When I stretch the green line the parameters \ actions for the rotation and stretching of the red line do not move with it. They stay in their original position. This is a bigger issue for the rotation as it no longer rotates around the correct point (end of green line).

I have defined the selection set for the green line stretch action to fully encase everything associated with the rotation and the stretching of the red line. Shouldn't that mean that the associated parameters move when the green line is stretched?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Libbya
in reply to: nbawden

Just because the stretch window surrounds something does not mean that it is stretched.  Items that you want stretched need to be included in the stretch action's selection set.  Add the rotate and linear parameters to the selection set and it works fine.  

Message 3 of 5
nbawden
in reply to: Libbya

Thanks Libbya - I was of the understanding they needed to be included in the selection set so I did orignally draw the selection so that it fully encompassed these parameters.

How did you add them to the selection set? Is there something speacial you need to do to add a parameter to another action's selection set?

Message 4 of 5
nbawden

Doh! - just realised what I was doing wrong when creating the selection sets - all good now thanks

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta