Variable Array of a Dynamic Block

55 REPLIES 55
SOLVED
Message 1 of 56
pascal_khattar
25739 Views, 55 Replies

Variable Array of a Dynamic Block

Dear all.
i hope to get some explanation not just the solution if someone was able to solve it.

the target is to be able to use the dynamic block (which is a mechanical support in my case) to be stretchable along the pipes (color red) with minimum value of 1000mm between the 2 supports, the problem i'm facing is that if i have a pipe with i.e. 2800mm length the third support will extend to outside of the pipes (multiple of 1000mm). i want to develop a block that puts two supports on each end and to divide (equidistantly) the remaining distance between those supports, 

please see attached file for the example.

thanks a lot
Tags (3)
55 REPLIES 55
Message 21 of 56
bfalconr
in reply to: MMcCall402

Thank you Mark I'll look at it to see if I can edit it, good luck in your new job 

Bruno Falcon 

Message 22 of 56

Hi All

Following on from everything noted above.

Im attemting something simalr. Using a Rectangle with double lines as a border to list a series of roadside sign sizes.

Size A 600x450

Size B 1200x 900

Size C 1500x1200

etc...

Looking to get an existing block with attributes to extend via the array option.

Only need one column, but have one line under each size attribute, then a double line under the last size attribute.

Having trouble with the double and single line as the array increases down.

PDF sample and DWG attached.

Thanks

Message 23 of 56

@Martin.DouglasCAU8K wrote:

Having trouble with the double and single line as the array increases down.

Try the attached block. 

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 24 of 56

Thats it thanks

Message 25 of 56
bfalconr

Hi Mark how is it going? I want to thank you again for this  two block you made for me, I wonder if you can make the but using a block for the post and the spindles, so I can change the size and shape,

I'd really appreciate if you can help me on this, it will save me a lot of time.

Kind regards,

Bruno Falcon

Message 26 of 56
MMcCall402
in reply to: bfalconr

Sure, no problem.   Attached file now uses a block names Post and another named Spindle.

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 27 of 56
nirloo

Hi, Mark,
This divide method of Path arrays is very interesting. I have never used it. Could you please explain how you created the max and minimum parameters to the array, cause I don't understand from your file.
Thank you very much!
Message 28 of 56
MMcCall402
in reply to: nirloo

It is a little hard to follow considering that the properties of the array don't show show where its values come from until you select them and then the fx button at the end of the cell.  The array uses 2 values that are produced by the equations in two user parameters, GAP and MAX.   GAP is the distance from the beginning of the array to the first object in the array.  MAX is the maximum number of objects in the array.  Both equations derive their value from the length of constraint parameter d1.  Their values vary as the length of d1 changes and feed those values into the properties of the array.

The original post wanted a maximum spacing of 4" so the equations use 4 in their calculation but this could be replaced with any value as a maximum spacing.  It could even be replaced with another user parameter to make the maximum spacing a user input value rather than set to a particular value.

image.png

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 29 of 56
nirloo

Thank you very much, it's much clearer now!
I will have to experiment with it to understand it fully.
Than you again!
Message 30 of 56
bfalconr

Thank you very much Mark, can you make the two blocks in inches, I tried but I messed up everything, and you think we can make the dimensions not visible (please see attached) I have them not printable, but I wonder if you can make the not visible as well and in inches if possible, it waht we use here in New York, at least in the areaI'm working,

Thank you very much

Kind regards,

Bruno Falcon

Message 31 of 56
MMcCall402
in reply to: pascal_khattar

Yes, but it may take a day or two to find the time this week.

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 32 of 56
bfalconr

Yes not a problem whenever you have time

Thank you in advance

Bruno Falcon
Message 33 of 56
MMcCall402
in reply to: bfalconr

Sorry this took so long to get to.  Attached is a metric version.  The max post spacing is 1000mm and the spindles max is 100mm.

Enjoy!

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 34 of 56
btp_lo39r

Thank you for your helpful solution.
I've been trying to recreate your block but I struggled as I'm very newbie in Autocad. Could you please make a screencast of how you created it?
thank you in advance

Message 35 of 56
alxptcsrl

Hi guys

I have seen and learned many interesting things here and I hope you can help me with the following situation

I have a glass wall that I want the glass sheets to divide according to the following rules

When stretching d1, d2 should be changed in equal parts with a width between 500-1000, d3 gap 2mm, d4 stretched, d5 fixed, d6 35 or 30.

The information discussed here on the forum is different from what I need

I hope you can guide me or help me

Thank you very much

Message 36 of 56
MMcCall402
in reply to: alxptcsrl

I think the block in the attached file works as you described.

Overall sizing is a simple linear parameter and stretch action for each.  D1 has a couple addition stretch actions to stretch the divisions between the panels.  One uses a multiplier if 1/3 and the other 2/3.  This keeps all the panels the same size.

The D6 width ... this took a little more doing.  This was a linear parameter and several stretch actions.  4 of the stretch actions are for the perimeter of the panels.  Each action has its own direction for the segments its moving.  (0, 90, 180 and 270)  There are two addition stretch actions to adjust the divisions between the panels when the perimeter width is changed.  The D6 parameter is restricted to only accept values of 30 or 35 by setting a 'list' of values in its properties.

This may not be the most efficient or elegant way to accomplish this, but it works.

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 37 of 56
alxptcsrl

Hello McCall402

Thank you very much for your help!

I have not been able to enter the forum any more

I have one more request, if you don't mind, there was another specified request, the panel should have a size between 500-1000, otherwise to multiply or decrease the number of panels

Thank you!

Message 38 of 56
hwalker

@alxptcsrl Set your distances in the properties

The highlighted area in the image below is the minimum distance.

The ringed blue area is the maximum distance

hwalker_0-1700216849248.png

Howard Walker
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 39 of 56
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: alxptcsrl

@alxptcsrl wrote:

the panel should have a size between 500-1000, otherwise to multiply or decrease the number of panels

I don't know a full automatic solution to fulfill all your requirements. But I can offer this suggestion: Change the width (d1) and height (d4) as you need and choose manually the number of panels until the width of the panels reaches a value between 500 and 1000.

The video demonstrates the handling. The both red lines are only reference lines (500 and 1000 long) for visual testing the result. 

Currently the block is limited up to 10 panels (and a width over all of about 10000). If you need larger width (and more panels), some more visibility states must be added.
Can you tell us a maximal width which you expect you need?

Jürgen Palme

EESignature

Message 40 of 56
alxptcsrl
in reply to: j.palmeL29YX

Hi all,

Thank you for your help

The size of the block is not important ... The size of the panel is important, if it is greater than 1000 mm it is very difficult to handle

Let me understand that there is no variation for what I need 😞

I saw a little above the discussion about the railing and I thought it was possible

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report