Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using flip with linear stretch & text

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
blkcar
334 Views, 5 Replies

Using flip with linear stretch & text

Having problems trying to find best way to keep text in the correct position when using linear stretch pair.

It works perfectly when text (justified center) is on the left & linear stretch is used. However when I flip text to right side & then use linear stretch that's when the block breaks down.

I've attached an example block, I'm probably just missing something simple but I'm not sure what.

Any help would be much appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ed57gmc
in reply to: blkcar

When you say "breaks down", it would be better if you could describe what you want it to do and what's wrong with it.

Ed

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
How to post your code.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: ed57gmc

@ed57gmc wrote:

... describe what you want it to do and what's wrong with it.

The problem seems to be clear for me: dragging the length of the line the not flipped Attribute moves as if it were "connected" to the left end of the line. If the attribute is flipped, it moves in the wrong direction - it should move in the opposite direction (as if it were "connected" to the right end of the line). 

Jürgen Palme
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
j.palmeL29YX

A first attempt attached. 

Is that what you're looking for?

Jürgen Palme

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
blkcar

@j.palmeL29YX  Thanks that's exactly what I was trying to do.

Message 6 of 6
ed57gmc
in reply to: j.palmeL29YX

Thanks Jürgen, yes, you can figure it out. But I didn't want to assume that was exactly what they wanted and I have a lot of work to do and it's helpful if I can spend less time troubleshooting. It's nice when they explain that the first time. Hence, my request.

Ed

How to post your code.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report