Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Parameters get corrupted randomly

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
365 Views, 2 Replies

User Parameters get corrupted randomly

Has anyone else had this problem when using AutoCAD 2014? When I create blocks and give them dynamic elements, I often define user parameters in the block table. I have noticed that on some drawings when I open them and go to the block editor to edit them, the user parameters have no name, value, or expression and my dynamic will not work.

I have tried renaming them and putting the expression back in from the parameters manager, but it gives me an error message saying invalid parameter name. It is very annoying as I usually have to redo the entire block table.

Has anyone else had this problem, or know why it is occuring?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Anonymous

I've not seen that behaviour in any of my Dyn Blocks but I have not created any BPT's while in 2014 yet.

Can you post a DynBlk that has done this?

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Sorry I don't have an example at the moment. The one where it disappeared I corrected it. I will bump this thread and post one if I come across it in the future.

Basically though the user defined parameter will be empty in the parameters manager, but the column and all the data for it will still be in the block table, but i have to delete the column, delete the empty parameter, and redo all of it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost