Did you mean: 

Simple dynamic block creation in AutoCAD 2011

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
929 Views, 4 Replies

Simple dynamic block creation in AutoCAD 2011

Hi,

I am new to dynamic blocks and I would like some advice. I have searched the web for a tutorial for this and I cannot find anything similar to what I want to achieve. I want to make a dynamic block of just text. I want to be able to insert a block with a drop down pick list of preset texts and select the text I want it to display.

The link below points to a file containing the various options of text I want to be able to pick from the list. I want to maintain the insertion point common to each text variation shown with a crosshair and the justification of the text as right and the height as 10. I would like to know how to add/remove variations to the block too.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12331630/ACAD/PROCESS%20TAG.dwg

Does anyone know how to do this, I am not familiar at all with the controls in the block editor.

Feel pretty dumb, however I know if you don;t ask questions you don't learn!

Thanks

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

UPDATE:

I have managed to find a work through solution to this problem now on another forum.

Thanks, G.

Message 3 of 5
Charles_Shade

Would love to see what you got.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I am new to dynamic block creation so if my terms/explaination is off, forgive me...

With some help I have created a block with a visibility state for each pick selection I wanted to create. Very simple and has limitations I have been told. Apparently the same can be done with a lookup table but it requires a regen after each selection. I like the visibility state option, nice and simple for a simple task.

I have integrated the block into my standard drawing borders to help the manufacturing team understand the main processes involved with the part that is detailed.

Link to the raw block to interegate as you wish. I can't get the post to upload the file direct for some reason!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12331630/ACAD/Process_tag.dwg

Do you know of any other work arounds? I am all ears now I am learning more about dynamic blocks...

G.

Message 5 of 5
Charles_Shade

Yes, A Vist state is the way to do what you have done.

Block Properties Tables for what you want to acheive here would be far too cumbersome and would require a little finesse to achieve.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost