Did you mean: 

Uniform offset with fillet corner in dynamic block

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bananaking365
458 Views, 2 Replies

Uniform offset with fillet corner in dynamic block

Hi, 

I'm creating a block for formed metal panels that will allow the users to stretch by grip or enter the width in the property panel (in PL View). I also want to include a thickness field in the property panel that will change the distance between the outer solid line and the grey dash line (representing the inner face of the sheet metal). For me, the tricky part is the bend radius at the corner: the Outer Radius=Thickness*2 and Inner Radius=Thickness*0.63. I have many geometric constrain placed in the block but they don't work well right now. Can someone tell me if there's a better way to achieve what I'm looking for?

Labels (4)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
VA-MikeS
in reply to: bananaking365
Message 3 of 3

@bananaking365 wrote:

For me, the tricky part is the bend radius at the corner: the Outer Radius=Thickness*2 and Inner Radius=Thickness*0.63. 

Does >>this suggestion<< match your requirements? 

BTW: You should not combine (mix) Dynamic Parameters and Actions with Constraints and Parametric dimensions. You will often get unexpected results. (Use either only the one or only the other method)

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta