Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Blocks, Different Text Appearance, But Why?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
pete592
199 Views, 4 Replies

Two Blocks, Different Text Appearance, But Why?

The two door blocks attached have text fields that update as the dimensions of the door are changed.  As you can see, the font is different in each one, and I have no idea why.  I have compared properties and so far found no differences.  I have tried the STYLE command, but the font in the block on the left is somehow resistant to being changed.   I want the text to appear as it does in the block on the right, Standard style, with simplex.shx font.  

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

Pete

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JBerns
in reply to: pete592

@pete592,

That was peculiar. I could not find any overrides.

However, I opened the block on the left (24x72) with the Block Editor.

I edited the text object with the Text Editor. The text appeared like the block on the right.

Closed MText Editor without making any other changes.

Closed Block Editor and saved changes.

Text now matches. Again, that was peculiar.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CAD Administrator
Using Inventor 2022
Autodesk Certified Instructor
Autodesk Inventor 2020 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2017 Certified Professional
Message 3 of 5
pete592
in reply to: JBerns

Thanks for looking into it.  I just discovered that if I tweak the width parameter a couple of times and refresh, it returns back to Simplex font.  Weird.  😕

Message 4 of 5
hwalker
in reply to: pete592

@pete592 I'm as stumped as Jberns is, but I have to ask

Why are you using two separate multiline text items for the height and width of your windows?

You can put multiple fields in one multiline text item

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 5 of 5
pete592
in reply to: hwalker

Noted.  The two separate text entities are residual from the previous version of this block.  We originally had them separated so that, if necessary, we could reposition each one with a point parameter and stack them to save space when the drawing area became too cluttered.  This was later deemed unnecessary, the point parameters were removed, but we didn't bother to combine them into one text item. LOL 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost