Did you mean: 

Thickness constraints in Dynamic block

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
612 Views, 3 Replies

Thickness constraints in Dynamic block

Hello all,

I am trying to make a Dynamic block for Circular Hollow Sections. So i have a block properties table with 3 columns.

SIze (description)   |   Outer Diameter  |   Thickness

i can add a diameter constraint to the OD no problem but how can i add a thickness constraint? i cant pick say a linear or horiz between the quadrants of each circle it does not let you.

Now clearly i could convert all my tabular data to Inner Diameter instead of Thickness but i was looking to see if there is a way i can do it like described?

Also - i think i could also do this with an equation in Parameters Manager but for some reason that does not open, every time i click it the dialog does not display nor does it show anything at command line, i know this means its maybe corrupt but i can afford the time to reinstal just now.

Any and ALL help is much appreicated.Capture.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you post your block so far?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I'm assuming that 'T' is a 'String Paramater' you've created?

If so, add a Radius to you're inner circle that '=D-T', then hide the 'radius paramater' so it doesn't appear in properties.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Sorry, Mathematical error, the inside should be a radius, therefore the expression should be 'D/2-T'. That will allow your Thickness and Outside Diameter to display correctly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report