Stretching Parallel Diagonal Lines / bracing

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
JirvinP6VF7
1308 Views, 6 Replies

Stretching Parallel Diagonal Lines / bracing

Hello all,

Does anyone have any ideas on how to stretch parallel diagonal lines and keep them symmetrical & parallel?

I'm trying to create some adjustable supports with tubular diagonal bracing.    I will also need to clip the red and green lines to fit the corners of the red box.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Libbya
in reply to: JirvinP6VF7

That is a seemingly simple request but not easy to accomplish.  In fact it is one of the rare things that I know can be accomplished with constraints but I do not know how to accomplish using dynamic parameters and actions.  Unfortunately, constraints and dynamic parameters/actions do not play very well together and so, if this is part of a larger block, you might be relegated to using the more troublesome and less consistent constraints.  See attached for a functional constraints version of the block.   

Message 3 of 7
Libbya
in reply to: Libbya

...I should have said that I know how to accomplish it with dynamic parameters/actions, but need to use a wipeout, which often times is not desired...  Let me know if you want to see that version.  

Message 4 of 7
Libbya

Here's a slightly improved constraints version and below it is the dynamic parameters/actions version with wipeout.  

Message 5 of 7
JirvinP6VF7

Thanks again Libbya!

I was worried that the only way to accomplish this was with constraints - I was having trouble with those, but you got it to work!  I am also going to take a closer look at this wipeout feature, I'm not familiar with it.  Thanks for offering not one, but two solutions!

I have 14 different instances to apply this to, so I just have to figure out which one works for me.

Message 6 of 7
krishnandynBQY9Z

Hi,

Is it possible to have only two variables C & D and 

stretch brace accordingly no need for polar angle. Please find attached.

Thanks

Krishna

Message 7 of 7
krishnandynBQY9Z

Hi,

Is it possible to have only two variables C & D and 

stretch brace accordingly no need for polar angle. Please find attached.

Thanks

Krishna

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report