STRETCH VISIBILITY NOW SHOWING AFTER CREATING ONE IN BLOCK EDITOR

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
carolinaERN7V
189 Views, 3 Replies

STRETCH VISIBILITY NOW SHOWING AFTER CREATING ONE IN BLOCK EDITOR

Hi there, 

I've been having this issue for a couple of weeks when I create a new dynamic block with multiple actions in the block editor and then I save and try to work on it in the model, some of the action buttons are not showing, then I go back to my block editor to make sure that everything was set up and everything seems okay. it's been happening specifically with the stretch action not showing in the model.

I'm attaching pictures and CAD file showing the block in the block editor and how it looks in the model. 

Screenshot 2023-03-02 at 11.37.36 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-03-02 at 11.37.17 AM.png

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Libbya
in reply to: carolinaERN7V

The images aren't helpful.  Post the file(s).  

Message 3 of 4
carolinaERN7V
in reply to: Libbya

Uploaded! thanks
Message 4 of 4
Libbya
in reply to: carolinaERN7V

When you set a linear parameter to show a single grip that grip is always shown at the parameter's end point and not the parameter's base point.  You associated the stretch action with the linear parameter's base point (which does not have a grip).  The end point does not have any action associated with it so even though the grip exists in block editor, the grip is not shown in model space, because without an action associated with it there is no reason to show it.  

Delete the linear parameter.  Add a new one.  Associate the orphaned stretch action with the new linear parameter, and pay attention to which end point you associate it with.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost