Did you mean: 

Setting Insert Scale for Block

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
10619 Views, 5 Replies

Setting Insert Scale for Block

I have blocks in my drawings that Default Insertion Scales (x,y,z) are set to 96 which is set to fit my 1/8" viewport scales for my drawings.

When creating new blocks I can't figure out how to set insertion scale (x,y,z) to 96.  The default is Scale (x=1,y=1,z=1) which is inserted entirely too small for my model space (1/96th of the other blocks).  I know how to change the scale after inserting but I wanted it to default insert at x,y,z=96.

Where is this default insert scale factor located for individual blocks?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Libbya
in reply to: Anonymous

How are you inserting the block (e.g. INSERT command, design center, tool palette, copy/paste, etc...)?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Libbya

Tool Palette.  I insert the other blocks using this method and their scale is defaulted to be x,y,z=96 but new blocks I create and insert are defaulted to x,y,z=1.

Message 4 of 6
Libbya

Right-click the tool palette tool, select properties, and set the scale to whatever you like.  

You might also consider using annotative scaling so it is always automatic.  

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Libbya

Right clicking the tool palette does not display the option of Properties.  It only displays "Show Tabs" & "Show Panels".

I'm using Autocad LT if that makes any difference.  I just don't understand why the old blocks are inserted with xyz=96 as default but new ones are defaulted to xyz=1.

I did not create the old blocks so I'm not exactly sure where this default insert scale was set but I figured there was a location to select this default xyz insert scale for each block.

Message 6 of 6
Libbya

I didn't say to right click the tool palette.  I said to right-click the tool palette TOOL.

I haven't used LT in more than a decade so I am not familiar with the limitations.  Most likely whoever made the tool palette tools you've been using changed the scale in the tool properties. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta