Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scale/Stretch Question

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
arkelec
129 Views, 2 Replies

Scale/Stretch Question

I have a block for a square section (and rectangular) with a shaded fill as can be seen in the screen grab below:

Square Section Fill Scale.png

I want to be able to vary the width & height (X & Y), so have set up two stretch actions.  All good.

I can also stretch the shaded fill, but the ratio of fill area needs to match the increase in width & height.

For a width & height of 100, the distance to the point where the angled edges meet is 0.25 x length selected (from the top left corner).

If I use the stretch function only, the ratio is not maintained.  Is there a way of achieving this?

I've had a look at some of the solutions on this sub forum, but none seem to solve this specific question.

Thanks in advance.

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Libbya
in reply to: arkelec

Yes, if I understand you correctly it can be done easily.  See the attached file.  I added a chained gripless point/stretch at the knee of the hatch boundary.  That point/stretch stretches the knee vertex.  I added a stretch action to each linear parameter so that it stretches that point and edited the stretch actions' distance multiplier to be 0.75.  I also adjusted the stretch windows of your prior stretch actions so that they did not include that knee vertex.  Let me know if you have questions. 

Message 3 of 3
arkelec
in reply to: Libbya

Ah, that makes perfect sense & solves the problem perfectly.

Thank you so much.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report