Did you mean: 

rotation parameter

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
geraldbossink
750 Views, 4 Replies

rotation parameter

Here's an issue I'm struggling with for some time. I made a dynamic block to define the saw angles (see the attached dwg and jpg). The saw we use works with specific angles, that I want to define in the boxes in the middle (working with fields, reading the angle of the line representing the saw). Due to the fact that AutoCAD works with angle zero is three o'clock saw 1 and 4 work fine, no problems. For saw 2 and 3, however, zero (of the saw) is nine o'clock. The math isn't that hard, but I want to select the block and in the properties palette enter the desired angles without calculating. Any ideas on this one?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ojuris
in reply to: geraldbossink

try attached

Message 3 of 5
geraldbossink
in reply to: ojuris

Wauw! That's how we want it, thanks so much. But how does it work? In the editor I see additional rotation parameters and squares, which are somehow connected?

Message 4 of 5
ojuris
in reply to: geraldbossink

problem in your block was that autocad positive angle is counterclockwise but for 2 and 3 you need clockwise

now for each rotation (2. or 3.) I made new rotation parameter (in properties widow you that change angle value) and with additional 2 point parameters and 1 HY parameter cause rotate old rotation parameter in oposite direction.

Message 5 of 5

Hmmm. ... That'll take some studying. But Thanks again, it works like it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta