Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotating block parameter past 180

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
297 Views, 4 Replies

Rotating block parameter past 180

I currently have a block that rotates, but the max angle it can rotate to is 180. I would like it to rotate clockwise starting at 0 degrees and ending at 259 degrees. Currently it goes up to 180, then back down to 1 degrees. I would like it to have an angle value of 270 degrees when facing left, for instance. please see block included.

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: Anonymous

The AutoCAD help says: If you create an angular dimension using the Lines Selection or the Three-Point Specification, you get always a value less than 180. 

But there is a workaround: 

Add for each of the rotating objects an (invisible) arc which is stretched with the rotation. (Polar Parameter and Polar Stretch action, chained to the rotation action). Now you can add an angular dimension to the arc. This dimension will show values greater than 180 too. 

[EDIT]

Additional hint: I'd suggest to set ANGDIR to 1 (if you want to measure dimensions clockwise). You did not yet. 

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: j.palmeL29YX

@j.palmeL29YX wrote:

(Polar Parameter and Polar Stretch action, chained to the rotation action).  

Ignore it. Stretching the length of an arc is not as simple as I thought. 

I will coming soon with another suggestion, wait a moment (or two or three ... 😉  please. I must test my idea first. 

Jürgen Palme
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: j.palmeL29YX

Unfortunately, my idea to draw an arc and add an angular dimension to this arc doesn't work too. 

If we CREATE a new angular dimension to an arc we can get an value greater than 180°. But after modifying the arc the dimensions swaps again to the opposite side with a value less than 180°.  >>click<<  

Also some other ideas which I tested did not end in the whished result, I give up. 

Sorry, I can not help you with this issue. 

Jürgen Palme

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

I currently have a block that rotates, but the max angle it can rotate to is 180. 

I hope you have formulated your problem only awkwardly, because: I can rotate both arrows to each angle between 0° and 360°. (>>Video<<, I set ANGDIR to 1 before starting the video). 

Also if I drag the grips I can see in the property window the correct values between 0 and 360 (not shown in the video). 

I interpreted your question in a manner, that you can not add an assoziative dimension which shows the values greater than 180.  If I'm wrong let us know ... 

Jürgen Palme

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report