Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotatable lines and alignment with lead line.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
joshuaXEDHB
182 Views, 3 Replies

Rotatable lines and alignment with lead line.

I would like to create a rotatable line (red) to move in a 360-degree radius with the other line (blue) that follows in alignment with the red line. From either the North or East points so that I can make the lines acute or obtuse with the use of a parameter within a dynamic block whilst staying the same distance apart from one another.

Any suggestions?

joshuaXEDHB_0-1688514732984.png

Labels (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hwalker
in reply to: joshuaXEDHB

Make your block so the red line is 0,0 then add a rotate parameter set and add both sets of lines to it. See the attached drawing

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 4
joshuaXEDHB
in reply to: hwalker

Hi "Hwalker" appreciate the assistance but that's not quite what I'm looking for, was hoping to make it be capable of stretching into a different angle by using the rotate function. I'm not sure if it exists but would be awesome.

Message 4 of 4
hwalker
in reply to: joshuaXEDHB

If you want to stretch and rotate change the rotate stuff for a polar parameter and polar stretch.

If you only want one blue and red line to rotate remove the others from the rotate action.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost