Did you mean: 

Reposition Attributes depending on visibility state

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
Anonymous
3877 Views, 15 Replies

Reposition Attributes depending on visibility state

I am having difficulty in creating a dynamic block that contains different size drawing borders complete with title block data. For example my dynamic block will consist of the following visibility states A0, A1,A2 ,A3 and A4. This is simple enough to complete, the problem arise when the title block data is added as attributes. A typical example being the drawing number. I would like to use and attribute tag "dwgnumber", which is placed at a different location on each of the visibility states. Unfortunately, I cannot find a method of entering the data once and it being position correctly for each visibility state. I thought BATTMAN might have remedied the problem but it has no effect. 

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
hwalker
in reply to: Anonymous

See the attached drawing to help get you started.

It's got a point move attached to the attribute. It also has a double lookup which changes the position of the point move depending on the visibility state

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: hwalker

Many thanks for the reply. I think that method will work for a single attribute, but I have around 30 attributes on my border, and some text height differences. It has given me an new avenue to investigate, so again, many thanks 

Message 4 of 16
hwalker

It will work with as many attributes as you want. It's just that each one will needs it's own point move. See the attached updated drawing.

You just need to work out where you want each attribute positioned first and get their x-y coordinates before you get into all the fiddly stuff of putting them in lookup tables

Howard Walker
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous

Brilliant, many thanks

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous

Hi,

Thanks for the example, but I am having trouble with the double lookup. How to you link the lookuptable 2 with lookup action 1? Whatever I attempt results in "lookup action already has a lookuptable assigned" or something similar.

Message 7 of 16
hwalker

Post your template in Autocad 2013 format and I'll have a look at it.

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous

hope this helps.

as you will see there are 2 lookups each with their own lookup action.

Message 9 of 16
hwalker

I see your problem. You're using two lookups and not a double lookup (which is two lookups connected together).

Do the following.

1. Right click on the lookup set ( see the image below) and click copy then paste it into the same location (I've called mine Lookup2 set).

Capture2.PNG

2. Right click on your new tool and click on properties and click on the highlighted area. See the image below

Capture3.PNG

The following dialog box will show

Capture.PNG

Click on ADD to add an extra lookup and your new lookup should look like the following

Capture1.PNG

Now use that lookup and your lookups will be linked together.

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 10 of 16
Anonymous

Created the additional palette icon as advised. (see image1)

When using it I can still only include a single lookup (image2)

I have even restarted my autocad.

Should the new pallete icon automatically add 2 lookup tables or should I be trying something else ie adding lookups individually from the actions tab?

I am sure it is something simple I am missing, but I just keep going around in circles.

Message 11 of 16
hwalker

At the command line type BACTIONBARMODE. Change the value to 0 and you should see the image below. Lookup1 and Lookup2 are both linked to the Lookup1 parameter.

Capture.PNG

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous

omg you are good. thanks for your help and your patience

Message 13 of 16
hwalker

No problem. Don't forget to turn off the grips for the point moves. You don't want anyone to start dragging the text to wherever they want to.

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 14 of 16
jjchecad

Hello, I have carefully looked at your solution and it is exactly what I was looking for, but I have not been able to implement it on my own, since I cannot link the position with the text and in turn with the display states, could you help me, to create my file to my own needs, or you don't know of a video on youtube that explains the topic exactly.

Message 15 of 16
hwalker

Post your block so we can have a look at it and maybe tell you what you are doing wrong.

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 16 of 16
mattCLQ3D

Howard.  I found this tread to be very useful.  Thank you for taking the time and sharing your wisdom on this issue.

Matt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost