Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rectangular dynamic block

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
stepron.sjangam
479 Views, 10 Replies

Rectangular dynamic block

I have a rectangular dynamic block with an attribute & texts, I just want to know, is it possible to change attribute value automatically to the next number. Suppose if I inset this block in the tool palate & then I drag block in the drawing field then name should be A1, then I drag same block from tool palate for second time & I changed the any size of panel between length or width then attribute should be change to A2…..Then A3, A4….Attribute value should change with size changes, I don’t want change my panel number manually.

Is it possible in autocad, please check the attached cad file for dynamic block.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Libbya
in reply to: stepron.sjangam

The verticals have scheduling which can auto-number block insertions.  Base AutoCAD does not - there is no functionality to automatically adjust a property of each new block insertion.

Message 3 of 11

Is is possible by using autolisp?

Message 4 of 11
Libbya

I don't know.  That would be a good question for the LISP forum.

Message 5 of 11
-didier-

Bonjour @stepron.sjangam 

I am not sure that it is possible during the insertion automatically
But I think it is possible after the insertion to scan the objects and give a name (progressive, A1 A2 A3...)

according to the parameters.

For example, at the end of the drawing... create names.

Amicalement

Éternel débutant.. my site for learning : Programmer dans AutoCAD

Didier Aveline

EESignature

Message 6 of 11
stepron.sjangam
in reply to: -didier-

Could you please guide me for the process.

Message 7 of 11
hwalker

@stepron.sjangam 

If you are using the standard sizes

eg

A4 =297 x 210

A3 =420 x 297

You could just use a Block Properties table to change the sizes. See the attached drawing

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 8 of 11
Libbya

If you want all blocks of a particular size to say A1, all blocks of another size to say A2, then that is easily accomplished with either a block properties table or lookup table and fields.  If however, you want each new insertion to increase its number automatically regardless of its size, then AFAIK it is not possible with stock AutoCAD.

Message 9 of 11
stepron.sjangam
in reply to: hwalker

I am using that rectangular block for ACM panel cutlist, and panel sizes not fixed, they will change as per length and widths to any size. If I laid out all the my blocks on the elevation as per architectural panel sizes, then is it possible to fill automatically panel numbers as per the sizes, that means if I have used 1000 x 1000 panels in the layout then all should lebelled with same panel number and for different sizes different numbers .....

Message 10 of 11
-didier-

Bonjour @stepron.sjangam 

I think you can do your drawing "by hand", without giving a name to the blocks.
You can stretch those who need it to meet your constructions needs.

And at the end load an LSP that will do the job of changing the names taking into account the geometric definitions by grouping the identical elements in the same name.

I don't have an LSP who is doing that, but it is possible to write it.

Amicalement

Éternel débutant.. my site for learning : Programmer dans AutoCAD

Didier Aveline

EESignature

Message 11 of 11

Add a Width and Length attribute to the block (block to have a total of three attributes:  Width, Length, and Piece). Make sure the width and length attributes will regen to reflect actual block values.

Export all block attribute information to a text file using the ATTOUT command.

Import the attribute text file into a spreadsheet for processing.

Manipulate block data by sorting on panel dimensions as required.

With block attribute data sorted by size, set the tag attribute to reflect the ID label for each particular size.

Save the modified attribute data as a text file.

Update the blocks using the ATTIN command to import the modified data.

Spreadsheet can be used to determine quantity of blocks having each specific label.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta