Did you mean: 

Rebar Array with Variable Spacing

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
melekboke
484 Views, 9 Replies

Rebar Array with Variable Spacing

I'm trying to create a dynamic block that stretches to include an array of simple vertical lines. I need the spacing between the vertical lines to be variable (stretchable).

It's very close to what is shown here but I need vertical lines only: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/dynamic-blocks-forum/give-dynamic-array-distance-a-variable-length/td... @j.palmeL29YX 

I watched the video and followed along but can't figure out what's going on without explanations. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: melekboke

Here a demo how you can solve your issue. It is much more simple than the problem in the video which you mentioned above. 

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
melekboke
in reply to: j.palmeL29YX

Thank you so much for your help! I was able to follow along and recreate the dynamic block.

Message 4 of 10
melekboke

I have another question. How would I add a stretch command to the top and bottom of the line? I want it to stretch in both directions. But when I add the command it gives me this error:

melekboke_0-1710446991386.png

Message 5 of 10
melekboke

@j.palmeL29YX Not sure if you saw my second question. But I was wondering if you could help me with stretching the top and bottom of the array? What do I need to add to the block?

Message 6 of 10
j.palmeL29YX

As far as I know there is no way to change the geometry (and also not the dimension) of the source objects of such arrays. If you need some few discrete values for the length or a limited range of the length there may exist work arounds. But to offer such suggestions we must know more detailed and precise what you need.

Jürgen Palme
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 10
melekboke

The block is going to be used to fill various sized spaces. So it needs to stretch (ideally from top and bottom - but it can just be from one direction, like top) in order to fill the space, while also arraying.

Message 8 of 10
j.palmeL29YX

Sorry, I can not help. 

Jürgen Palme

EESignature

Message 9 of 10
MMcCall402

Depending on the range of stretch you need you could do it with overlapping arrays that are movable and give the appearance that its a single line that's been stretched.

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 10 of 10
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: MMcCall402

@MMcCall402 wrote:

Depending on the range of stretch you need you could do it with overlapping arrays ...

That were my thoughts too, therefore I asked for the range of stretch. But as long as this is not answered ...

Jürgen Palme

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost