Polyline loses its vertex when converted to block

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
iisyedashafiaii
249 Views, 3 Replies

Polyline loses its vertex when converted to block

Hello, 

My polyline loses its vertexes when it is turned into a block. Is there a way to retain them so that I can change them even in its in its block stage. 

I would appreciate any help on this matter. 

iisyedashafiaii_0-1646810578527.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hwalker
in reply to: iisyedashafiaii

At the command line type OPTIONS and make sure the item in the image below is ticked. OR

You can edit the block and add a couple of point stretches to the corners of your polyline.

Capture.JPG

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 4
iisyedashafiaii
in reply to: hwalker

Thank you Very much! This really did make a change. However, what I realized is this option only provides the ability to "move" the entire block by changing the vertex position. The block vertex is moving but taking with it the whole shape. What I wanted to do was something like it can be seen on the right shape of the image. I wanted to achieve the ability to distort the shape while keeping it as a block (the be able to export its attributes) so if i move a vertex point, only the connected lines move. 

Would appreciate any guidance on this matter. 

iisyedashafiaii_1-1647412893639.png

Message 4 of 4
hwalker
in reply to: iisyedashafiaii

@iisyedashafiaii 

Then use my other suggestion and add point stretches onto the vertices. See the attached drawing.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost