Did you mean: 

Polor Stretch

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
492 Views, 5 Replies

Polor Stretch

I am trying to build a simple block that will allow me have a line running on axis from the center of a circle, but starting on the outside edge of the circle and be able to rotate and stretch at the same time using the center of the circle as the axis point.  I have tried parameter sets, and just parameters and can not get it to work the way I want.  Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Libbya
in reply to: Anonymous

See screencast.  Let me know if you have further questions.

Message 3 of 6
BHamlet

You need a rotate parameter that stretches the end of the line that touches the circle. Chain that action to the stretch on the loose end.

Bob

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: BHamlet

Awesome! Thank you so much for your help!! Im not sure exactly what I was doing wrong.  But with your help I was able to get exactly what I needed out of it.   I was able to get what I needed without chaining.  Having it stretch both ways could be both beneficial and annoying at the same time.  Im going to try just one end stretching until that annoys me then ill add another lol  I do like the idea of chaining parameters together.  I have not seen that and will have to read up on it.  Im still not sure exactly how it works, or atleast how to make it work.  Thanks again!

Message 5 of 6
BHamlet

We both learned something new.

I haven't used the polar stretch before. It makes it much easier, without having to chain rotate parameters together.

Thanks Libbya!

Message 6 of 6
Libbya

When a parameter is chained, then when it is acted on by another action, then it will perform its actions accordingly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report