Did you mean: 

Polar Array with Attributes

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
sneenanKFX38
364 Views, 3 Replies

Polar Array with Attributes

Good Day! I am trying to do something that I am not sure is possible. I would like to make a block with consecutive attributes (model_1, model_2, etc.) as such that I can use a stretch command to increase or decrease the number of lines available as the number of hardware and models increases or decreases in my drawings.

Ex: My chart starts with 3 lines; I have 2 different types of hinges and 3 different types of doorknobs. I can stretch the chart and it will add 5 lines and the attributes will multiply with consecutive numbering for me to fill in.

I've attached what I have right now, but attempts to get the array working are not great. Any tips or ideas or workarounds are greatly appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
MMcCall402
in reply to: sneenanKFX38

This is very do-able using the Linear parameter with a stretch action to handle stretching the table perimeter and the vertical delineation lines.  Set the Linear parameter to the incremental distance (@0.375") and limit the distances from 0 and 3".  This stretches the parts of the table that need it and does it at specific values.   Next add a visibility parameter and 8 visibility states.  Include only the objects that should be visible for each line selection.  Then we can add a Block Table to relate the Linear parameter distances to Visibility states.  (IE. 0.375 to VIS1, 0.75 to VIS2, etc)

See block attached.

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 3 of 4
sneenanKFX38
in reply to: MMcCall402

This is great! I have very little experience using the block properties table, so I'm going to get myself more comfortable with it seeing as it can open up a slew of new options. Correct me if I'm wrong; I will have to create each attribute and make the whole of the table to include into the dynamic parameters if I want the ability to have more lines?

For example, I want it to go up to 10 instead of just 8. I'll have to create 2 more lines and modify the dynamic properties to include those and create 2 more visibility states to link up to the stretch command (as well as increase the stretch command from 3.00" to 3.75") and the block properties table.

Is that a solid grasp on how this will work?

Message 4 of 4
MMcCall402
in reply to: sneenanKFX38

Yes, you'll need two more rows of attributes, two more visibility states, increase the linear parameter to 3.75 and then add two more line entries to the block table to match up the distances of 3.375 and 3.75 to vis9 and vis10.  (note. you'll need to select which object belong to vis 9 and 10)

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report