Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matching between Non dynamic block to dynamic block

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
yu85.info
378 Views, 4 Replies

Matching between Non dynamic block to dynamic block

Hi, I have a non dynamic block (DWG attached - "NOT-DY") and a dynamic block (DWG attached - "DY")

They have the same attributes and same name. Is there a way to copy the non dynamic block to the drawing of the dynamic block and make them behave the same?

For some reason, I don't know why, copy-paste does not seem to work.

Thanks very much in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
MMcCall402
in reply to: yu85.info

You can use the Insert command to accomplish this.  The block tab will open, select the Libraries tab and set the library location to be the Not_DY drawing.  After a few seconds it will display the blocks in that drawing.  Select the block and choose Redefine Only from the right click menu.  This will rewrite the block definition in your current drawing.

MMcCall402_0-1710724059633.png

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 3 of 5
yu85.info
in reply to: MMcCall402

I appreciate your help sir. I have followed your instruction carefully. But for some reason instead of converting it to dynamic block it changed the dynamic block to static block.

Any clue why?

Message 4 of 5
MMcCall402
in reply to: yu85.info

My apologies, I read the question completely backwards.

Copy the block(s) from the Non_DY drawing and paste them into the DY drawing.  Type ATTSYNC, enter, then select one of the blocks, then answer Yes.   This will sync the attribute settings of the newly pasted blocks with the current block definition.

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 5 of 5
yu85.info
in reply to: MMcCall402

Thank you very much sir. You helped me a lot.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report