Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OOTB Multiple Visibility States - SOLUTION!

152 REPLIES 152
SOLVED
Message 1 of 153
Libbya
60020 Views, 152 Replies

OOTB Multiple Visibility States - SOLUTION!

I have done a fair amount of thinking on how to create multiple visibility states without using the broken vis-add-eng LISP and have come up with a workaround solution!  Obviously, doing all the itterations for multiple visbility states is a bit cumbersome, but at least there IS a workaround.  See attached.

152 REPLIES 152
Message 121 of 153
Libbya
in reply to: Anonymous

When you switch to the side arrow, you assign the 3 value to the Position1 X.  Because of that all of the other values on the double lookup are "unmatched" and you have the FL value set when unmatched.  See screencast.

Message 122 of 153
Anonymous
in reply to: Libbya

Awesome! Now I understand more and have fixed the problem. Thank you so much! 👍

Message 123 of 153
Anonymous

Hi Libbya,

I have followed this topic attentively and followed all the steps in creating a dyn block with  double lookup table. However - I have 1 issue that I do not find the solution for: when I open the dyn block, it always open on 'custom', instead of opening on the first line of the vis state. What did I do wrong? If you want to see the dyn block, let me know.
I am not really an Autocad-expert, just a simple beginner....

Message 124 of 153
Libbya

It will say Custom when the as-drawn parameters do not match a row on the table.  Post your block for further assistance/diagnosis.

Message 125 of 153
Anonymous

thank you - here it is. I want 2 functions: the basis with zero or differente pins, and the basis + pins + 1, 2 or 0 panels. Then I also added flips and rotate, but these seem to work. I would like this to be the base, since I have a lot more of these kind of drawing to make (but not all with the same functions). 

Message 126 of 153
Libbya

Your input point parameter is placed within the block randomly.  Because of that, it does not match any row of any of the tables.  That is what is causing the 'custom' line to appear when inserted.  The input parameters should be drawn so that their values match a row in the tables, and that row should match the topmost row in the visibilities list in order to have the block work properly immediately upon insertion.  See screencast.

Message 127 of 153
Anonymous

WOW - thank you Libbya, that is great! I was not aware that was so important! It took me a long time to read through the whole thread (and understand it all!) and to draw this up, but this small thing I did not pay attention to. Thanks a lot!

Message 128 of 153
Anonymous

hi, i was looking for this like two years, thank you so much!!
i have a question, how can i do the step of adding two lookup actions in one lookup parameter?

i had have lookin for more info but i think i am not searching with the right words, i saw other post you commented a similar question as mine, but a have not clear yet...
sorry about my english, and again, you are awesome! i was looking for this specific!

do yo have a youtube channel?
greetings!

Message 129 of 153
Anonymous

nevermind, i have just seen on the comments you already gave us the solution! thanks!!!
Message 130 of 153
Anonymous

Greetings from Croatia
I did everything as suggested but the block only works in that .dwg. When I insert it into another drawing as a block it doesn't work and when I copy it from the original .dwg to another .dwg it work.
What properties should be pulled to work as a classic block?
When you insert it into another .dwg as a block its text attribute delete.
Thank you in advance.
Greetings

I.M.

Tags (1)
Message 131 of 153
ndikesh

@Libbya , can you please guide me thru the process on how you had the dashed lines in the windows turn on/off.

Message 132 of 153
ndikesh

Thanks in advance

Message 133 of 153
Libbya
in reply to: ndikesh

I don't know what you are referring to.  Please be more specific.  What dashed lines in what windows?

Message 134 of 153
ndikesh

i forgot to attach the snapshot. it's the dashed lines in the snapshot.

Message 135 of 153
Libbya

What file/block?

Message 136 of 153
ndikesh

your block is attached with this message.

I want to know how you had the on/off visibility option.

Message 137 of 153
Libbya

That block was made using the visibility-add-eng LISP routine which has not worked for many releases.  

Message 138 of 153
ndikesh

then I hope you can help me with some guidance. I'm making a duct riser dynamic block, now I need to add hatch for different insulation thickness.

There is internal insulation/external insulation with 25mm, 38mm, 50mm, 75mm & 100mm thickness.

Can you please look at the attached dwg and give me your advice.

Message 139 of 153
Anonymous

Hello !

Do you think it might be possible to change the proposition displayed by the LEFT consultation depending on what is chosen for RIGHT consultation ? I am still a novice with Autocad so I don't see any way to do it.

Thank you !

Message 140 of 153
jtm2020hyo

Is there any update for visibility-add-eng+AutoCAD 2022

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost