Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stretch & Array, Shifting Erroneously

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
HannahClemmet
219 Views, 3 Replies

Stretch & Array, Shifting Erroneously

I have a dynamic block with a vertical Stretch, a horizontal Stretch & an Array. The array patterns itself correctly, but it is misbehaving & shifting when it shouldn't.

Before I added the Array nothing was shifting.

I've tried adding parametric dimensions & constraints to it to points or lines that don't move, but all that happens is that more things end up shifting too, or it changes shape but still shifts.

Can anyone explain to me why this is happening? I've spent way too long arguing with it & got nowhere.

The middle one is my base block.

HannahClemmet_1-1695051619665.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Libbya
in reply to: HannahClemmet

Pretty pictures.

Post your block.

Message 3 of 4
HannahClemmet
in reply to: Libbya

I know it's a simple product, but I don't think this company would be very happy with me doing that, it's why I didn't in the first place.

I'll have a look later to see if I can simplify it without losing the problem. I guess if I simplify & do lose the problem then I might have my answer.

Probably worth me saying that the array is a chain parameter controlled by the horizontal stretch.

Message 4 of 4
Libbya
in reply to: HannahClemmet

If you can't post the block or a block that is set up in the same way and does the same undesired behavior, then I don't think you can be helped.  Good luck with it.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta