New to dynamic blocks...

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
BillAllenSE
236 Views, 4 Replies

New to dynamic blocks...

...but, I'm having fun!
I have attached a block which is a simple angle with a filleted radius.

When I rotate the vertical leg, how can I make the fillet stay connected to the vertical leg?

Thank you,

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: BillAllenSE

You are new to Dynamic Blocks. We don't know if you are new to Parametric Constraints too? 

The base principle using constraints is show in this video. 

Depending on your current needs a lot of refinements are possible. If you have further questions let us know ... 

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
BillAllenSE
in reply to: j.palmeL29YX

Thanks.

I studied constraints last night and that was what I needed. I added two coincident constraints, one at each end of the radius, and another to keep the bottom leg horizontal. 

Message 4 of 5
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: BillAllenSE

!! Very Important note/advice !!
I'd urgently suggest never to mix Dynamic Parameters (your Angle1) and Actions (Your Rotate1) with constaints. In your very simple example L.dwg that may look well for the moment, but in most cases such a mix will fail and/or cause problems.
Base rule: In a dynamic block use for modifying the geometry either ONLY geometric/dimensional constraints OR Dynamic Parameters/Actions. 

And a tip: 

To avoid the need of a lot of coincident constraints for joining the endpoints of lines and arcs I'd suggest to draw Polylines whenver possible.

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
BillAllenSE
in reply to: j.palmeL29YX

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost