Did you mean: 

Moving text with change of visibility states using lookup

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
VenusDaniel
978 Views, 4 Replies

Moving text with change of visibility states using lookup

Hello community. I am trying to get several attributes and text to move around depending on the view state using lookup tables. I have tried many times, several different ways, using other solutions in this forum and can't get the reuslts I am looking for. If someone could show me how to do this that would be fantastic. I am fairly new to dynamic blocks and this is a little more complex than what I have had to do so far. Maybe lookups aren't even the way to go, I am not sure.

In the attached drawing example a the top is my block. Below that is what each view state should look like. You will see that when switching from view 10-BLOCK to 12-BLOCK, the attributes and text for POS-8, POS-9, POS-10 need to drop down 1 space. The attributes and text for POS-11 & POS-12 become visible. When going from 12-BLOCK to 14-BLOCK, POS-8, POS-9 stay put and now POS-10, POS-11, POS-12 drop down one space and POS-13, POS-14 become visible. 14-BLOCK to 16-BLOCK everything that previosly dropped down stays in place except for the last 3. This pattern repeats up to 20-BLOCK.

Hopefully with the drawing to reference what I am trying to do is clear enough.

Let me know if you need any more informaton of further input.

Thank you in advance.

Labels (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
hwalker
in reply to: VenusDaniel

You don't need a double lookup. One lookup will do it. See the attached drawing. Look at the visibility state for 12 units to see how to do it.

Also I would change the length of the lines, 0.1879**** is not very helpful to work with moving stuff around

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 5
VenusDaniel

Thanks hwalker. I was able to figure out how to do the rest using the lookup in lieu of visibility states. I am assuming this is how you would have done it.

One question, though, if I wanted to have the attributes and text change using visibility states instead of the lookup, would that require a second table? If you have a moment, would be able to do that so I can see how it would be done? If not, no problem, this will work. I would like to know more for my own knowledge and future reference.

Thanks again for the help.

Message 4 of 5
hwalker

In that case you would need a double lookup (search the forums for how to create one). What a double lookup does is looks at one value in one table and changes the values in the other table depending on the first value. See the drawing attached. The new block is the one with the green lines.

EDIT: Had to make a slight change to the table so it would change between 5 and 10 properly.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 5 of 5
VenusDaniel
in reply to: hwalker

Awesome, that's what I needed. I see how it works now. I figured out how to do a doule lookup through the forums. I just couldn't apply what I found to get the two to work together for my application.

Thank you very much for all your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost