Did you mean: 

Mixing Rotate and Vertical Constraint

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
codyhornyak
271 Views, 4 Replies

Mixing Rotate and Vertical Constraint

Hello, I have a block that is essential a bracket. The left and right ends of the bracket need to be constrained vertically. The center line of the bracket that connects the ends needs to be rotatable. If the center line is rotated, the midpoints of the left and right ends should still be at the ends of the center line.

I have the ends constrainted vertically and NOT included in the rotation. They don't stay vertically constrained. How can I accomplish this? Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Libbya
in reply to: codyhornyak

The constraints don't help.  Delete them.

Message 3 of 5
codyhornyak

Thanks, this works. Downside is that the stretch function doesn't really work the same so the blocks are difficult to edit with those points added. It looks really good thoguh

Message 4 of 5
Libbya

The stretch should work fine provided you remove the vertical line from the stretch and add the point parameter.  After trying that, if it still does not work correctly, repost the block (most current version) along with a description of how you would like it to work and how that differs from its behavior.  

Message 5 of 5
codyhornyak
in reply to: Libbya

I was able to figure it out now, nevermind. The position parameter grip was on top of the stretch grip so stretching the block wasn't working correctly. I just turned the grip of the position parameters to 0, works great now, thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report