Did you mean: 

Linked MTEXT in dynamic block

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
alxnds5
610 Views, 7 Replies

Linked MTEXT in dynamic block

Hi everyone,

I have a quick question, hoping someone can help steer me in the right direction. Is there a way for MTEXT within a block to be dynamically field linked to the attribute of the block it is in?

I'm not sure if I'm going about it the wrong way because I cannot make it work.

Any help would be appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jtohillVY4VS
in reply to: alxnds5

Note sure I understand what you want it to do. In this block the mtext is dynamic with the size of the block.

Message 3 of 8
alxnds5
in reply to: jtohillVY4VS

I'm having trouble opening the file, for some reason it only opens through block editor.

I've attached an example of what I mean. I have a single block with an attribute (ATT), inside the block is the MTEXT "ORDER:". I am trying to insert a field and have it linked to the block's attribute. Once that is done successfully have the ability to copy the block multiple times and regen so the MTEXT takes on the linked attribute value (see yellow).

Message 4 of 8
jtohillVY4VS

Is this what you are trying to do ? You have not discussed what you want to do when you are copying

Message 5 of 8
alxnds5
in reply to: jtohillVY4VS

No, I want the MTEXT to have an inserted field and linked to the block's attribute.

For what I am working on, I cannot make the attribute visible and simply pop it in like suggested. The result that you show is exactly what I want but I am asking if it is possible to have the MTEXT linked to the block's attribute while being within the block.
Message 6 of 8
GeeHaa

I don't think you can use MTEXT in this way. Attributes can change and be unique with each block inserted but mtext is part of the blocks definition which means if you could change it. It would change in each inserted block of that name not the just the particular  block you want it changed in.

Message 7 of 8
hwalker

It can be done. Search the forums for posts by Libbya and linking fields

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 8 of 8
jtohillVY4VS

you can link to the attribute in the block but it does not change when the attribute changes. Why can't you set the attribute as visible and use the information in the attribute?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report