Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to flip a flip parameter?

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
1189 Views, 12 Replies

Is it possible to flip a flip parameter?

I'm working to update some of the firms blocks to dynamic blocks. I have a section cut with an offset in it. It has arrows at the end and the bubble showing the direction of the view. I would like to make it so that when you click the flip on the end arrow the one on the bubble will also flip.

Thanks,

Eric

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
hwalker
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the Forums

It's doesn't look possible, because what you're trying to do is use 1 axis to flip two items which have a different axis each

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 13
Libbya

Yes it's possible.  Here's the step-by-step.  

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Libbya

Thanks LIbbya,

I was thinking there was someway to do it with lookup. I didn't know the double lookup trick. I'll have to read up some more on that. Now to clean thins up so the rotate works 🙂

Eric

Message 5 of 13
Libbya

I posted a screencast on how to make the double lookup.  https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/dynamic-blocks/how-to-make-a-double-lookup/m-p/5785708#M18799  Make sure BACTIONBARMODE=0 to see the two tables.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous

I have the flip working great. I added a chains a point parameter to move the end arrow instead of flipping it when you flip the offest. almost done. everything works fine until i rotate the line and arrow. After I rotate and try to flip the offset the arrow doesn't stay with the line it. I'm out of ideas 😞

Message 7 of 13
hwalker

The point is the problem. I removed it and added the flip and the arrow to the flip offset and it works fine like that

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 8 of 13
ojuris

hi!

how about that - see attached?

Message 9 of 13
Libbya

Ojuris, I like your solution and thought that might be a workable option, but I think that if it were mine I would prefer the arrow direction to be independent from the offset flip.  

Cireb9, having the two flips independent is of each other is also fairly easy to accomplish.  Here's a step by step that makes all the actions work properly.  BTW, you should change your attributes to lock position=yes.  If you want them to be movable then add individual point moves to them.

Message 10 of 13
Anonymous

Thanks for the replies. What I was going for was to keep the arrow flip independent from the offset flip like Libbya's solution. I tried 4 times to make  the changes like you showed but I'm not getting the same result 😞 I must have missed something simple?

Message 11 of 13
Libbya

Yup, that second rotate action needs its 'base type' to be independent and it needs its base location to be at the chained point/move location.  In the screencast, I do that when I add the rotate action.  You can do that afterwards by selecting the rotate action, going to properties and changing its base type to independent, and then moving the new grip from the center of the rotate parameter to the point/move position.  After that, your version will work properly.  

Message 12 of 13
Libbya

Message 13 of 13
Anonymous

Perfect, Just what I was looking for. Thanks. The screencasts were very helpful!

Eric

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost