Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert with the insertion scale set on metric

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
cadking2k5
284 Views, 2 Replies

Insert with the insertion scale set on metric

Some drawing I insert with the insertion scale set at Metric or the opposite of what the drawing was saved as. It makes it small and some it don't. Does anyone know why it doesn't. This might make Metric easier on AutoCAD. and on 2021 is there a way you can have 2 or more drawing open and different options. If I change one options it changes it on all of the drawings open. 

cadking2k5_0-1622242265574.png

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
vinodkl
in reply to: cadking2k5

Hi @cadking2k5 

May I know how you are inserting the drawing into another drawing? Are you just copying and pasting it into the new drawing or using the command "INSERT"?

The reason why the changes are reflected in every drawing is that these variables i.e INSUNITSDEFSOURCE and INSUNITSTARGET are saved in the registry meaning they are saved on the system your working on and not on every drawing 🙂

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ವಿನೋದ್ ಕೆ ಎಲ್( System Design Engineer)

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 3
fatal.error
in reply to: cadking2k5

In addition to @vinodkl reply, DWGUNITS command stores unit values in each file.

Run the command: make sure to set drawing units in meters, unit display in decimal, linear display precision as desired, set Yes to scale objects upon insert, set Yes to match INSUNITS and finally set if Yes/No if you want to scale objects in current drawing.

Furthermore, when creating a new drawing, you should select an acadiso.dwt for metric or an acad.dwt for imperial.

Also, when creating blocks, make sure to set its Block Unit accurately.

Screenshot 2021-06-02 111050.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost