Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert block group at current annotation scale from tool palette.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
msuracer10
487 Views, 5 Replies

Insert block group at current annotation scale from tool palette.

I have an annotative, dynamic, group of blocks that I have on a tool palette.  The block works great and inserts fine, but it inserts at the 1:1 annotative scale on which I made it, no matter what annotation scale I'm currently using.  Is there a way to get it to insert at the current scale?

Current command string in tool palette:

^C^C-insert;C:/(path)/WeldSymbol.dwg;\;1;0;explode;last;-group;create;*;;previous;;

Also tried:

^C^Cannoautoscale;1;-insert;C:/(path)/WeldSymbol.dwg;\;1;0;explode;last;-group;create;*;;previous;;annoautoscale;-1;

The string above inserts the 3 blocks in the attached file and groups them together, allowing for a single object with multiple visibility grips.

Also tried adding it to the palette as a block and setting it to explode on inserting, which fixes the annotation problem, but ungroups the blocks.

Note:  For the grips to work after inserted and grouped per tool palette command string, GROUPDISPLAYMODE must be set to "0".

Thanks in advance for any help!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: msuracer10

Can you not set the auxiliary scale setting to dimscale or plotscale?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

That's a crazy way to use groups by the way. Very inventive!

Message 4 of 6
msuracer10

Since it's inserted with a command string instead of using the typical tool palette block, you don't get the option for the auxiliary scale.  I'm thinking that if there's a solution, it's going to be something added in the command string.

I can't claim the idea for grouping dynamic blocks as my own, but it is a really good option if you need to have several visibility states or several dynamic parts in a larger scheme.  I've run into a couple of snags here and there, but it definitely has its applications.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: msuracer10

We use the dimscale in our office. You can probably reference other variables as well as per the example:

^C^C(COMMAND "LAYER" "M" "S-ANNO-TEXT" "C" "7" "" "") -INSERT c:/blocks/Dynamic/Dynamic_Box_Shadow;_SCALE;$M=$(getvar,dimscale);\;explode;l;

Message 6 of 6
msuracer10

I couldn't get that to work for me. What does the "$M=$" do in the string below?  Is that from a lisp function or in a script or part of the command string in the tool palette properties?

SCALE;$M=$(getvar,dimscale)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost