Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a Dynamic rotation to this block?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
martin.hong
310 Views, 5 Replies

How to add a Dynamic rotation to this block?

Hey all,

I managed to create a 3D (ish) dynamic block for a fence that can stretch and change the post height, but I just can't figure out how to add a rotation parameter/action to it... The block was built with ucs x axis at 90 degrees (in order to apply dynamic actions to it), so it may not be possible. However looking to see if any of you gurus would be able to find a creative way how!

I've attached the block in this post.

Thanks for all the help...

Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: martin.hong

Why not rotate the block reference(s)? You don't need an additional rotation parameter and action - and it is also not possible to add these (they had to reside in a 90°rotated plane, but dynamic parameters/actions work in one plane only)

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
martin.hong

I could using 3d rotate like you said (really helpful command!), but the problem arises when I need to rotate it again after it's been rotated and I can't align it to a specific angle/line since I can't find a way to reset the rotation back to 0. If there's a way to set the rotation back to 0 after rotating, that would solve the issue...

Thanks

Message 4 of 6
Libbya

I've used multiple dynamic blocks with their XY plane rotated so that the dynamic actions work on a plane other than the WCS XY plane.  Whenever I need to return to that custom plane, I just use the UCS command and select points on the block to define the plane.   

Message 5 of 6
j.palmeL29YX

@martin.hong wrote:

I could using 3d rotate like you said

No, to rotate the block reference you don't need a 3D rotation, but the normal 2D command "rotate". And if necessary you can use the option "Reference" to type or show a referenz angle. 

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
martin.hong
in reply to: j.palmeL29YX

The Rotate "Reference" worked for me. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost